Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Prickly Pear Oil Painting, Fawns, Antelope, Birds and a Bunny

"Prickly Pear in Shadow" is a new oil painting.

Jean Levert Hood, ©2010, Prickly Pear in Shadow, Oil, 12x9


This piece will be in my exhibit at Lee-Bunch Gallery in Del Rio, Texas for October.

My beautiful picture

I love how the antelope are lined up here. They generally take center stage under the feeders.  The deer don't seem to mind and move away.  You can see the twin fawns below:

My beautiful picture

and this one shows three fawns!  (I had to size it down so blogger wouldn't crop off the one on the right.)


My beautiful picture

I see these 3 fawns every day.  They come to the feeder in front of the house several times a day with their moms.  We have 7 fawns in this area, but I've only seen them all on 2 occasions.  Two others are showing up several times a week, but 2 stay away for the most part.  I've also caught another set of twins on the game camera in another pasture.

We've had good weather and rains this year, not too hot and lots of rain.  The animals have a lot to eat and all look so healthy. The next shot shows the male antelope's horns, they're growing so much this summer.

My beautiful picture

I'm continually amazed at the brilliant colors of our birds.  These two are waiting their turn at the fountain.

birds in yellowresized

Birds and bunnies are happy to drink together.

DSC_0217002

I've been seeing "High Five" around here like crazy, I'm not sure what's going on. Stay tuned.........

image 

5 comments:

V Bridges Hoyt said...

Your photos are always so good, and I LOVE the prickly pear painting. Good luck at your show!

Clare said...

Love the way you used the blues and purples in the cactus painting. Being able to watch the fawns, birds, bunnies and all of your other critters is truly a blessing. I know you love it. I think you should keep a sharp eye on your helpers. They are up to something!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Vernita, thank you so much!! I'm glad you like the painting!

_____

Clare, I'm watching the helpers very very closely. I'm sure something is up!!

personal loan said...

I like how you used blue and purple in the painting of cactus. Being able to see the deer, birds, rabbits and all your other creatures is a real blessing. I know you like it

translation service said...

They come from a feeder in front of the house several times a day for their 7 moms.They are yellow in this area, but he saw them all 2 times.