Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chicken Oil Painting and Mystery Bird!

Ok, I admit it, I have trouble naming paintings.  For right now, this one is named "Chicken."  Yes, I know how lame that is - I'm hoping for something creative to pop into my brain!
Chicken, Oil Painting, Jean Levert Hood
Jean Levert Hood ©2010 Chicken, Oil, 9x12

This is another paintings I'll be exhibiting at Lee-Bunch Gallery in Del Rio, Texas next month. 
Once again, I have to say that I have no idea what the bird is:
 
DSC_0240 resized



It's most like the Tanagers in my book (and I checked all three of my books!) and about that size, but the coloring isn't right for either the Hepatic Tanager or the Summer Tanager.  Any help would be appreciated!  I've not spotted this one again.


He seems to be saying, "What?  You're taking more photos?!"

crested 1
Here's one of my gorgeous zinnias:

zinnia 1  Below is the male Pyrrhuloxia.  It's a relative of the Cardinal and stays here year round.

bird 2

They enjoy the birds so much, too!

6 comments:

Pat said...

Gorgeous painting of a Chicken!
How about "Walking in Memphis" ?

Your photos are stunning too :)

Jean Levert Hood said...

Too cute, Pam!! I'm glad you like the pics and painting. Always good to hear from you. I'm following your blog to keep up with Desi's progress!

Franz said...

favoloso,veramente brava,e le tue fotografie trasmettono emozioni.

ciao

Felicia Kramer said...

I think the chicken painting should be called "gold" something. That was the first word that came to me when I saw it. Nice!

Don't know what that bird is; nothing that exotic in my neighborhood. I'm just watching an escaped canary here - don't know what to do about it.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Felicia - an escaped cannery! That's a colorful thing to see in the trees! We do have an amazing number of colorful birds here. "Gold" on the chicken is the 2nd suggestion with color. I need to remember that when I'm trying to think of a clever title, it could help!!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Franz, thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I appreciate it!