Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blowing the dust off!

I'm blowing the dust off of my blog!  I had family visiting and totally left my blog to gather dust.  Ok, well, I left it for an extra week! I've enjoyed family, San Antonio, the awesome Greenhouse Gallery of Fine Art, the Witte Museum, the San Antonio River Walk, La Villita, a little shopping and some great coffee shops! 

I'll be back soon, I promise.  I've had maintenance work done in my studio and I'm cleaning up from that.  The new great lighting will be awesome when I get back to my easel in a day or 2 -   Stay tuned!
Jean

7 comments:

Marie Theron said...

The lovely San Antonio River Walk is the best excuse one can have for putting your blog aside for a while, Jean. I have been there and only wish I had seen the Art Museum too.

Marie Theron said...

I'm spending online time with the Greenhouse Art Gallery right now! Isn't it something incredible! I love the option where one can see paintings with their frames. Thank you for making us aware of that website!

Karen Faulkner said...

I love the picture. San Antonio is on my list!

cynthia said...

Sounds like a lovely respite...enjoy - your studio & art await your renewed spirit!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Marie! The River Walk is such a treat almost any time of year!
I spent an hour and a half at Greenhouse Gallery - it was awesome. They have such a wonderful collection of artists. The owners and staff are welcoming people also. I love how they feature certain artists for a month, and have a huge collection of their works.

-----

Karen - it's a great city that has so much for kids too.
That photo is from a while back, the drought was terrible. I was photographing with a friend at her farm, and the goats thought we had food. They came running, and kicked up a huge amount of dust!

-----

Cynthia, I'll take those wishes! Hope you're having a great summer!

Jordanka Yaretz said...

Sounds like you had a blast.I can't wait to see what you are going to create now.

Jean Levert Hood said...

It was great, Jordanka!