Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eagles Wings Art Center

Prickly Pear Cactus in Yellow, Oil painting

Jean Levert Hood, ©2010, Prickly Pear, Yellow, Oil, 9 inches by 12 inches, $325.00

This piece is now in the Eagles Wings Art Center in Eagle Pass, Texas. Bob Butler's new Gallery has it's Grand Opening May 15th. Artists represented are Pino, Phil Bob Borman, Dan Burt, James R. Butler, Steven DaLuz, Bob Hunt, Rick McCumber, Clay McGaughy, Betty Sue Rose, Michelle Williams, Pam Bunch, and I am very honored to be included in this list.

These are wonderful mixed media artist, oil painters, sculptors, watercolor artists and jewelers and more. The Grand Opening will be May 15th from 7 pm to 10pm. I'll be there along with many of these fine artists. Join us at:

Eagles Wings Art Center, 357 South Adams, Eagle Pass, Texas, 78852. For more info, you can contact me or Bob Butler.

Don't miss my website for my oil paintings. You can find me on Twitter and Facebook, too.

They love playing in the wildflowers after our studio work is done!
DSC_0492resized

10 comments:

Marie Theron said...

Congratulations, Jean! I hope your painting does well! And by the way, I got the idea of a photo show from one of your posts!

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

Wonderful Painting Jean! Love all your colors!! Congratulations and Good Luck with your show! Your studio buddies always make me smile. :))

Manon Doyle said...

Congrats, my friend!! That's fantastic!!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you Marie! Your photo show was great! I love seeing another's world!

-----

Hey Debbie, thank you! My studio helpers are always up to something :)

-----

Manon, I'm so excited about it!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Wow, I love your Prickly Pear, Yellow. It is a modern masterpiece. You bring out the color of nature in a way nobody else can. I could almost prick my fingers in your painting because of its life like realism. Thanks for bringing out again one of your masterful works. Thanks for the fantastic post. God bless you all always.

thewildhare said...

Jean, I hope the opening was truly grand! It is always a delight to see your work, and I am thrilled to have an original Jean Hood framed in my hallway.

This Prickly Pear is BEAUTIFUL, all the colors of nature that I love! Can't wait to hear about the show. Thanks as always for the inspiration!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Mel, thank you so much for your kind comments on the painting! I so appreciate that, and how you're so supportive of artists!! Blessings to you!

-----
Hey Kimberly~I'm so glad you visited! The Opening was great, I'll blog about it soon. I'm so honored to have one of my pieces in your home. I'm working on another Prickly Pear now, this one will be donated to the San Antonio Art League and Museum fundraiser.

Margaret McKay said...

LOL, this little guy is cute :) At least you always have company when you paint ;)

Karen Faulkner said...

I love this painting, and the wildflowers too! Is that cosmos?

Jean Levert Hood said...

Maggy, my little helpers are fun. Some times I get carried away with their pretend lives!!

-----

Hey Karen! yes, the wild cosmos are always my favorites! They dance with the least breeze, and I wonder how those extremely slender stems support the flower. Thank you for the compliment on my painting!