Friday, April 23, 2010

Last Installment - Texas Hill Country Spring and Wildflowers

This is the 3rd blog from my wildflower trek through the beautiful Texas Hill Country, hope you enjoy!

The Indian Paint brush was gorgeous!

DSC_0135resized

I liked this shot, in front of and behind the barbed wire.

DSC_0138resized

I took this photo on the Willow City Loop. The light and shadows were so defined on this gentle slope, it made a nice show. The loop had motorcyclist, hikers, bicyclist, photographers, and cars enjoying the beauty of the day.

DSC_0196resized

DSC_0197resized

DSC_0346resized

This photo is from Fredericksburg Herb Farm. I love this place! I've bought many plants here through the years. The grounds are beautiful and this bird landed and posed for me while we were waiting for a table for lunch. Fabulous lunch!

DSC_0213resized


Don't miss my website for my oil paintings! You can find me on Twitter and Facebook, too!
Till next time!
Jean




4 comments:

Lily Pang said...

I love these flower shots! They are excellent for inspirations!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You are as superb with photography as you are with your paintings. Your shots are so real, they are almost three dimensional, lol. I like your photo of those flowers with grape like (are they grapes?) clusters among them. I was really wondering if they are grapes, but grapes grow on vines and not close to the soil. Thanks for your masterful shots. I appreciate them all as I really appreciate your art masterpieces. Thanks for the exuberant post. God bless you always.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Lily - so nice to hear from you! Thank you so much!

-----

Mel, your comments are so kind and so very much appreciated. I have a camera that I really am comfortable with, and it's very easy to use. I love taking photos, and sharing them. Those flowers are Bluebonnets, it is the State flower of Texas. They are early Spring bloomers, and that's it for the year. we can enjoy them for about 3 weeks. Blessings to you, Mel!

Katherine said...

Jean,

The flowers are beautiful! I can't wait to see the paintings.