Monday, November 23, 2009

Pear and Cherries - Original Oil Painting, Persimmons

Pear and Cherries is another of the small color studies I've been working on. This one is measures 8 inches tall by 10 inches wide, it is on gallery wrap canvas, meaning the design continues on all sides of the painting. It may be framed or hung as is.

Pear and  Cherries, Original Oil Painting, Jean Levert Hood

Pear and Cherries, oil on canvas, Jean Levert Hood ©2009

There's a wonderful area in Brackettville known locally as "Five Points." Right at this corner, you'll find this wonderful tiny persimmon orchard! I love it every year at this time. It's meticulously kept up and a beautiful spot that most in town would pass every day. Thank you Melissa and Doug!

DSC_0267resized

I found the leaves as interesting as the fruit and branches. What a gorgeous mix of colors and shapes! I was careful to not step on a pile, I wanted to photograph them as they lay naturally. You know how I love color - well - to see this pile of every shade of red, violet, green and gold - what a visual feast!

DSC_0317resized

There are very few persimmons on the ground, but the trees are loaded.

DSC_0260resized

These great shapes caught my eye, love the turning of the leaves.

DSC_0318resized

and look at this lovely one - full of all shades of violets! How amazing. It just looks perfect settled down into all of those greens. Violets mixed with greens are perfect.

DSC_0322resized

Ok, you know I have to show you an antelope photo, too! They seem very at home now. When I see them in the field, I can stand on the patio and not scare them away. It's fun to watch them eat with the deer - they will often push the deer off for the better position!

My beautiful picture


Don't miss my website for my oil paintings! You can find me on Twitter and Facebook, too!

Be sure to click here to sign up for my semi-monthly newsletter!

And, I must sneak in a cat photo:

DSC_0153resized

I heard Stella say, "I cannot believe you woke us up for yet another photo op?!?!?"

DSC_0154resized

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

thanksgiving mannequin

6 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Good morning Jean!!
Thanks for sharing all your photos!! I always enjoy looking at them.
Love the new painting..... I love all your work! Cherries are my favorite fruit.... well .... until I started eating pomegranate seeds...lol! Great work!!

Anonymous said...

I love the cherries and pears. The kitties look sooooo comfortable.

Janis

Clare said...

Love the combination of the greens in the pear and the reds in the cherries. Glad your helpers are enjoying the Thanksgiving season.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Manon - Always love your comments, thank you! I truly love to share my photos, sharing the beauty around me is one of my joys. I'm glad you enjoy them. Pomegranate seeds! I had no idea! So glad you like my piece!

_____

Janis - I think it is a rare moment that my kitties are not totally comfortable, they pretty much own the place!!!! Glad you like the painting, too!

------

Clare, thank you! I love putting pears and cherries together - yes, the red and green is perfect. My helpers seem to have a wide range of activities since their summer vacation!

Mary said...

Thank you for all the colors, both bright and subtle, in this post, Jean--it is a feast for my eyes. Your painting is lovely, with the zing of a few blues setting off the pear beautifully. And your photos are so perfectly set up and cropped that my easel is jealous--we could not compose a more artful arrangement than these.

Sadia Hussain said...

Great work Jean and very striking!
Best wishes to you and your family for the New Year!
Take care.