Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Calla and Pear Paintings, Animals and Ducks

These two original oil paintings have been listed for sale on my web site.

"Calla Lillies" Jean Levert Hood © 2009
12 inches by 12 inches, oil on canvas, $395.00


"Pears and Cherries" Jean Levert Hood ©2009
6 inches by 8 inches, oil on canvas, $75.00

I feel that one of the most wonderful views is to see the animals laying down. To watch our new black buck antelope laying in the field is quite a thrill. It's such a peaceful scene, so very peaceful. They choose this spot often now. It's pretty far away for my camera lens, but I think this is a fair shot.

This is the far end of the "field" I talk about that's near to the house. If your screen is large enough, you can see a dark stripe about 1/4 of the way down from the top of the picture, that is the Lake. From the house, we can see the ducks and hear them too! I need binoculars to really enjoy what is beyond the lake, though. antelope in field 3

I like this view below, you get to see some of the hill behind the lake. There is a little dip in the photo, just beyond the antelope, that is Lake Jean.

antelope at Lake Jean

We have a feeder in the field close to the house and one on the other side of the lake. They're set on timers and the deer run to them when they go off. They mill around earlier, looking up to the box. I think they set alarms on their watches, they seem to always be ready and waiting, close in the field.

antelope in field 2

See! There really is a Lake Jean! My sweet husband likes signs.

lake Jean, resized

The ducks are happy, the little one in the front and the middle white one have their little top knots! The sunlight on the head of the mallard drake is wonderful in this shot. What an intense green! The blue reflections in the water are great. I do love to paint water.

ducks at Lake Jean 2

My helpers are really enjoying their new kitty. This one decided to try to get to know Stella. Make no mistake, those are daggers in her eyes.

Stella and helper 1

Till next time! I'll have some wonderfully colored photos for you then!

stella and helper 2

13 comments:

Nancy Medina said...

LOL! love these images Miss Jean of the Lake! xoxox

Manon Doyle said...

The colors you've used in both these paintings are lovely!! I'm always impressed with your work!!
Well of course you should have a lake named after you!!

Donna M. Condida said...

Love the Calla Lillies Jean....beautiful!!

And, oh my, LOL, that poor kitty....shhh, I do the same to mine. What we don't put our dear animal friends through!! LOL

Art Lover said...

love your calla lilies painting and the photos are great too!

Felicia Kramer said...

Calla and Pear Paintings - Gorgeous!

Animals and Ducks - sweeeeet!!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Nancy, I love it - I am titled!
Hugs to the Pugs!

-----

Hey Manon - Thank you so much, and may you also find Lake Manon! I'm sure that Nancy will bestow a title on you too!

-----

Hi Donna, I'm so glad you like the Callas, thank you! It's a wonder my cats don't run when they see me coming with the camera!
Beautiful "White Blossoms" print on your blog!
-----

Art Lover, thank you for visiting, and for taking the time to comment! I sure appreciate it! love your blog, by the way!

-----

Felicia - thank you! The fun part is sharing it all!

Clare said...

Jean,I love the way you mix the colors in the Callas. Stella need to be nice and make new friends.

jeannette stgermain said...

The Calle Lillies are beautiful!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Clare, thank you so much!! I'll pass that on to Stella.

-----

Jeannette, thank you so much! I'm glad you visited, and appreciate that you took the time to comment!

vanaly said...

LOVE THAT PEAR.... outstanding....
you varfication word sounds CAJUN

you are SOOOO cool

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you Vanaly! I hate that word verification stuff, but I had to put it on because of the spam I was getting. I'm glad that at least it was amusing!
YOU ARE COOL!!

Anonymous said...

great blog, amazing

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you, Anonymous! Stop by again!