Monday, October 26, 2009

Crock and Red Flowers - Oil Painting, Antelope

Crock and Red Flowers is an oil painting measuring 14 inches tall by 11 inches wide and is available for $395.00.

Arrival of the Black Buck Antelope!

Black buck antelope are native to India. As the name suggests, the males darken with age and the females remain this lighter brown. We're hoping that these 3 are happy here and enjoy our grasses and browse.

They're already enjoying the field in front of the house, happily eating with our deer. I was looking out at them all together, the deer and the antelope, and it happened. ♪ where the deer and the antelope play♫♪♫, and yes - "Home, Home On the Range" stayed in my head all day!

They were released in the field in front of Lake Jean. They bounded off, bouncing on, then slowed down when they reached the thick brush on the other side of the water.

DSC_0068-7resized DSC_0067-7resized

I'm amazed at how high they bounce, must be springs on those feet!

DSC_0069-7resized DSC_0072-7resized DSC_0074-7resized DSC_0078-4resized

This is the only photo I have from the game camera. They're eating in the field in front of the house, but my photos from the patio are through the patio fence - not too exciting.

Antelope, © Jean Levert Hood

Be sure to click here to sign up for my monthly newsletter!

Don't miss my website for my oil paintings!

You can find me on Twitter and Facebook, too!

Please visit my Etsy store for original watercolor paintings priced from $10.00. My Etsy store carries my small works.
DSC_0076resizedStill no name for New Kittie, but then again, my helpers don't have names either!

18 comments:

Diane ~ said...

Jean what a wonderful post! Loved seeing & reading about your antelope. I found myself continually going back to your Crock & Red Flowers. Your painting is gorgeous!
And"New Kitty" is wonderful addition to your helpers :)

V. Bridges-Hoyt said...

I agree. This is a wonderful post. The antelope are beautiful. Great photography, as usual. You are multi-talented as shows with your painting Crock & Red Flowers. Gorgeous!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

I love the flowers! Great post, Jean...

Manon Doyle said...

Wow! The antelope are beautiful and so is your new painting!! Thanks for sharing Jean!!

Claudia Finn said...

Wow I really just love these colors and the feeling of clean color and fresh air you captured in this painting of Crock and Red Flowers.

Suzanne McLean said...

Beautiful painting, Jean. Love seeing the antelope. Always such a lovely window into your unique life as an artist. Thanks for sharing!

Enzie Shahmiri said...

What a lovely post and great painting.

Flowers said...

Just gone through your blog and found your "Crock and Red Flowers - Oil Painting" awesome and economical in cost. Your photographs are stunning.

Genie said...

LOVE your Black Buck Antelope shots, wow! That's some crazy wild game action!

Mary said...

Jean, your painting is terrific; I love the palette and tranquility of the composition. And those antelope photos--wow!

Debra James Percival said...

You live in such a wonderful place. I love the softness and gentleness of your painting.

LisaBongZee ~ Island Dream Life said...

I love your new painting, Jean. Those antelope must keep you well entertained. I think I could sit and watch them all day long. Unfortunately, we don't have antelope in Hawaii.

LisaBongZee ~ Island Dream Life said...

How about "Woody" ??

"Woody-Cat" instead of Puddy-cat.

Ok Ok pretty lame........

becky joy said...

Jean, Very nice painting. Beautiful colors. My son lives in Austin. I've had a great time painting in that area when I've visited. Its beautiful. I've seen plenty of deer, but not the antelope.

Wireworks said...

This is a very nice blog... I can see that you put a lot of heart on your posts, that's why I'm sure I'd visit here more often. Anyway, if you have time, you can visit my blog as well, Abstract Art Painting / Buy Abstract Art. See yah!

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Jean Levert Hood said...

I so appreciate blog comments, and want to appologize for being so late at responding. I was out of town all last week at a workshop, with little internet access.

Diane ~ Thank you so much! The antelope have already given us so much joy! We wait to see if they'll come to the feeder. I'm glad you like my painting! New Kitty is making itself useful in the studio.

-----

Vernita, Thank you, what a very lovely compliment!

-----

Thank you Michelle! I'm behind visiting your blog! Still trying to get everything caught up from being out of town.

-----

Manon, so glad you enjoyed it!

-----

Claudia - I'm so glad you visited my blog! Thank you for your compliment on my painting!

-----

Suzanne, I thank you, and really - it gives me so much pleasure to share. I think beauty is meant to be shared, don't you?

-----

Hey Enzie! Thank you!

-----

Flowers - I'm happy you found my blog. We have such an abundance of wildlife here, plus the beautiful trees and flowers - I'm never without photos to post!

-----

Genie - we think one of the Does is pregnant, hope so! They actually have 2 year, so we should be able to have a small 'herd' fairly soon! I love seeing them.

-----

Mary, thank you so much! We love the wildlife here, never tire of it. Every morning, we have our coffee watching the feeder.

-----

Debra - it's a wonderful place, thank you so much!

----


Lisa - how are you doing, lady?? The wildlife is quite a lot of entertainment - which says something about our social life!!! hmm, Woody might do....

-----

Becky - I'm so glad you visited! Thank you so much for the nice compliment. There are more and more exotic animals in this area of Texas. Of course the deer are native, and we do see so much more of them. Yes, it's a beautiful area to paint!

-----
Wireworks - thank you so much!

-----

Anonymous - I'm glad you enjoyed my blog!

lare said...

Jean, How about calling the new cat "Woody"