Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fleur De Lis paintings, Tree ducks and Deer!

I've been painting Fleur De Lis in watercolors and acrylics. These two are both acrylic on canvas.

Purple and Gold is 5 inches tall by 7 inches wide and is available for $50.00.

Gold Fleur De Lis is 5 inches by 5 inches squared. This is painted on a deep gallery wrapped canvas (1 1/2 inches) that needs no frame. It is available for $55.00.
These pieces will be joining other art that I have at The Royal Standard in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I am at the 2877 Perkins Road location. (Perks Coffee is at 2008 Perkins - one of my favorite BR coffee stops!) I'm so pleased to be at The Royal Standard and will be adding more pieces there. If you're interested in either of these pieces, please contact me. I will be sending them to The Royal Standard in a few weeks.

The little fawn came to Lake Jean! The twins haven't been to the Lake yet, but come to the feeder at the house most mornings. These photos are about a month old, they've grown so much since then!

My beautiful picture My beautiful picture

Deer seem to defy gravity when they jump a fence. The camera caught this jump.


My beautiful picture

The tree ducks have been plentiful! We've counted over 50 flying in for breakfast. (some have passports.)

tree ducksresized

Above they wait, their watches all in sync with the feeder timer.

DSC_0068001 DSC_0070002

They came pretty close to the patio and I was happy for this shot.

DSC_0072resized

And the last one is something we see this fairly often, yet it always amuses me. It's the "Where's my breakfast??" look!My beautiful picture

You can find me on Twitter and Facebook. Be sure to click here to sign up for my (usually) monthly newsletter!

You'll find my small watercolors and smallest oils in my Etsy store . You can purchase my oil paintings and studies on my website .

My helpers seem to be doing better. They've been enjoying feeding the birds, so hopefully I can count on them again soon!


10 comments:

Felicia Kramer said...

Love the fleur de lis paintings! And I love the dear deer pix. The last one reminds me of the chipmunks who get up on their hind legs and look in my door wall window - where's my food?!?

Manon Doyle said...

Wonderful paintings Jean!!
Love the pics of the deer! They always come in my backyard also. My dog, Otis, goes crazy when he sees them!

Anonymous said...

Love the new wildlife pics.
Are you still seeing the painted buntings?

Janis

Jean Levert Hood said...

Felicia, Thank you so much!! Don't you just love watching the animals!

-----

Hey Manon! My cat, Stella, will stalk the deer until they get tired of her and run her off!!

-----

Janis - the painted buntings stay here. Most of the birds I've shown on the blog are here all of the time.

Clare said...

Love the Fleur de lis. Isn't that French for flower? I am in south Louisiana and am seeing dozens of migrating humming birds. What is going on with the hummers in your area? Glad your helpers are helping again!

Mary said...

Your wildlife photos are priceless, Jean; I always appreciate the work you do to share them with us.

The paintings are lovely. I like the straightforward first impression of form and color, followed by the layers of interest in the suggestions of other forms and color variations in the background. Delightful on several levels.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Clare, yes, it means stylized lily or iris. It is one of my favorite symbols. I haven't seen any hummers except or normal ones. I will keep my eyes opened for some passers through!!

-----

Mary, it is one of my joys to share our beautiful part of the world. It's such a part of my everyday life, and I never tire of it.

I'm so glad you like the painting! I do this type of thing now and then, these will be going to South Louisiana where the Fleur De Lis symbol is everywhere! As always, thank you for your comments!

Sadia Hussain said...

Wonderful pictures Jean ! I love the gold and orange in your paintings; very warm and appeasing! Take care.

Karen Faulkner said...

Love the Fleur de Lis!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Sadia, thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!

-----

Karen, I'm glad you like them!