Monday, July 13, 2009

Pomegranates Oil Painting, Daily Painters of Texas, Birds in Red

Pomegranates is my new oil painting. It measures 14 inches tall by 11 inches wide and is available on my web site for $395.00. (Remember that the prices on my website include shipping and insurance.) I love painting fruit, but by now I'm sure you've figured out that whatever I'm painting at the moment is my favorite! Yes, I simply can't help it.

Pomegranates


Daily Painters of Texas

I'm very excited that I've been accepted into a new group call the "Daily Painters of Texas." The Daily Painters of Texas have a great blog and paintings are featured by members every day. This is a diverse group of painters talented in many mediums and styles. You'll see some of Nancy Medina's wonderful works, as well as Judy Crowe, Laurie Pace, V Vaughan, Kay Smith, and so many more. Our Artist of Texas website is growing as new members are added. You'll see a visual feast on this daily blog!

Now for some shameless family promotion - my sister has an Etsy store for her jewelry. She is marking down her items 1/2 price and will continue to add items each week at this sale price. This sale will continue through the end of the year, when she will close that store. She is moving her store to another selling venue.

Birds in Red
I thought it was time for birds again - today's are all red.
DSC_0005resized DSC_0016resized DSC_0064001 DSC_0066001 DSC_0070001

They are just gorgeous, aren't they. I never tire of watching them. Our heat seems to really draw them to the fountain. Sometimes I find one just sitting in the water!

I want to thank Mel, who featured me on his blog. I appreciate it so much Mel! I also want to thank Diane, who gave me an award from her blog. Thank you Diane!

You can purchase my oil paintings and studies on my website . Visit my blog to see life in and around the beautiful Texas Hill Country. I love our flora and fauna and love to share it with you!

You can find me on Twitter and Facebook, too! Be sure to click here to sign up for my monthly newsletter!

Now all three of them are gone and they still aren't ready to come home. Well, they do look happy. Till next time!
june beach #3

12 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Hi Jean,
Love the new painting! Your colors are always so lovely!
Congrats on being accepted into the "Daily Painters of Texas". You're a terrific addition!

Nancy Medina said...

Wow Jean, the pomegranates are outstanding. You are a master of both ends of the color spectrum, from reds to violets too! I'm so tickled to be a Texas Daily Painter with you. Do you think you'll be in Dallas for the October show?
xxooo

Lily Pang said...

This is so stunning! Great work!

LisaBongZee ~ Island Dream Life said...

Aloha Jean,

Your "bird blogging" sounds so similar to mine! I have recently gone bird cuckoo on my blog, as well!

They are the greatest little creatures, aren't they?

psychiceveryday said...

I always love the paintings you post. It is wonderful that you embrace such variety, Jean. Great work! Your photos and stories are great and I always learn something new here.

Sixsisters said...

Just lovely Jean !

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Manon! Thank you so much! I am thrilled to be included with the Daily Painters of Texas!

-----

Nancy - You are so kind! Dallas is a 9-10 hour drive (one way), so I probably will miss this show. I'm hoping for one around Austin at some point, that's only a 4 hour trek. This rural living keeps me pretty far from cities!! Hugs to the pugs!

-----

Lily - thank you so much!

-----

Aloha Lisa! I love our birds! Yes, I have to hold myself back from putting toooo many photos on the blog! I'll check yours out!

-----

Joan, thank you for stopping by and commenting! I always appreciate it!

-----

Kris - your comments mean so much to me! There are just so very many paintings in our heads - right? I think we'd need several life times to get them all on canvas! Best to you!

Mary said...

Love these red birds, Jean--very nice photos. We have two pairs of cardinals that return (we think) each year--one at the side yard feeder and one at the back yard feeder. They are somewhat territorial--and always amazing to watch.

Your pomegranate painting is yummy! As I spent some time looking at the image online, I enjoyed the way my gaze shifted from the foreground fruits to discover all the lovely fruit softly indicated in the background.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Mary - The cardinals are so beautiful in winter too, they look like red beacons against all of the background grays!

What a lovely thing to say about the Pomegranate painting! I am so honored! Thank you Mary!

cynthia said...

The Daily Painters of Texas are lucky to have you and it looks like you're in good company - Congratulations!

Your pomegranate painting is fantastic - as usual...

rups said...

the pictures are looking good. bird in reds are so nice..

Jean Levert Hood said...

Cynthia, thank you for stopping by! And also for the nice compliment!

-----

Rups, I appreciate your visit!