Monday, July 27, 2009

Shawl Dance - new oil painting, Quail and Deer

This week's oil painting is "Shawl Dance." This is a quick study I did to decide if I want to work on this same idea towards a more finished painting. I'm pleased with how it came out and think I will develop it further. This piece is 16 inch tall by 12 inch wide. As a study, this piece is available on my website for $145.00, which included shipping and insurance.

detail:
The game camera caught a great posture from one of the deer!

If you follow me on facebook you've seen some of these quail pictures. We have a pair of quail that are bringing their little ones back and forth across the patio several times a day. They come to the fountain to drink and eat a little here and there. If you're wondering, the cats simply don't seem to care much that they're there! They even share their cat food with the road runners.


You'll find my small watercolors and smallest oils in my Etsy store . Work on Etsy is priced from $10.00.

You can purchase my oil paintings and studies on my website . The price of work on my web site includes shipping and insurance. Be sure to click here to sign up for my monthly newsletter!

You can find me on Twitter and Facebook, too!

That's all for today! My blog is short this week, I'll be more chatty next time. They are starting to talk about coming home. I'm really relieved.

june beach #3

20 comments:

ZudaGay said...

Lovely painting!!! Hehe..that deer is standing like a meerkat. Quail are so cute!!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

You are such a hoot! NICE painting my dear!

Diane ~ said...

Hi Jean! Beautiful painting & I'm glad you're going to develop it further. Fun photo! Laughed at Zuda saying the deer was "standing like a meerkat" 'cause that was my first thought too LOL :D

LisaBongZee ~ Island Dream Life said...

Very nice painting, Jean. I look forward to seeing what comes from it. I LOVE all your animal pics too!

ALoha! Lisabongzee

Clare said...

Wonderful painting! I vote for "develop it further."

Jean Levert Hood said...

Zuda - you are so right, the deer does look like a meerkat!!

-----

Thank you Robin!!

-----

Diane, I'm glad you like my painting and photos, I love getting share these great shots!!

-----

Hey Lisa - How are you!! I will love painting this one again. It was a wonderful thing to see her dance. Precious little girl.

-----

Clare - Ok, I'll do it!!

Manon Doyle said...

I just love the painting Jean! The colors are fantastic.

Mary said...

The movement, sense of immediacy, and colors are wonderful in this painting, Jean. I look forward to seeing the next version!

Thanks for your wildlife photos--always a treat.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Manon, thank you so much! If anyone wants to see a fantastic video on transfers, don't miss Manon's blog!

http://manondoyle.blogspot.com/2009/07/image-transfer-demo.html

-----

Mary, thank you so very much. I wanted to capture the movement in the piece, it would have been useless without it. I really like this study.

It's a joy sharing my wildlife and nature photos!

artbylmr said...

What a gorgeous painting! Nice sense of motion!

Debra James Percival said...

Love the painting, wonderful feel of motion.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Lynn and Debra - thank you for stopping by! Capturing the sense of motion was critical here, I'm so glad you like it!

brendathour said...

Jean,
Your posts are always a pleasure to read and view. Love your newest study, looks great!
What a great shot with the deer, and the quail are so cute. Your cats are very well mannered and love how they share. : )

Kris Cahill said...

Great new painting! I love to see your variety. Your style is always distinctively you.

I was going to say the deer looks like it's taking Irish dance lessons. Cute!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Brenda, thank you so much for your kind words!! We have an amazing world here!

-----

Kris, I always appreciate your feedback Thank you! Ah, deer as a River Dancer! Excellent!

Marionette said...

Jean,
Shawl Dance is gorgeous! I know Schar will love this one.

Aloha,
Marionette
P.S.
Your mannikins are lacking paint! LOL

Jean Levert Hood said...

Marionette, you are too funny! Thankfully, my mannequins are not yet painted - I say "yet" as I have NO idea what they'll do next!

I'm so glad you like the painting, and hope Schar sees it!

Sadia Hussain said...

Loved the "Shawl Dance" Jean! The colors you have used are a treat for the eyes!
Take care.

Painting MA said...

Great pictures!

<3 Lindsay

Jean Levert Hood said...

Sadia and Lindsay, thank you both for stopping by and commenting!!