Thursday, March 19, 2009

Iris Garden - A Watercolor Painting and Amanda Makepeace

I have another iris floral for you! Next post will be an oil landscape for you not geared to flowers folks! This watercolor painting is called Iris Garden.

Iris Garden is approximately 5 inches tall by 3 1/2 inches wide, sized for a standard 5x7 mat. You can find it in my Etsy Store by clicking here, available for $22.00.
Iris Garden  watercolor painting


Detail:

Iris Garden  watercolor painting


Amanda Makepeace of One Pebble has such a fun project going. If you send her a pebble, she will send you a small work of art. For Free!! That is * Free *!

I'm a rock collector from birth, so I picked out 6 or 7 pebbles and made myself stop. I sent her pieces from Elm Creek that runs through our property. She sent me this lovely little piece of art.

Amanda

So send Amanda some pebbles and help her project! Click on her name above and you'll find details on her One Pebble site.

What's Going On In My Studio This Month has been updated since my last blog. You'll see another painting that is "Wet on the Easel."


And I'll leave you with another little peek into my studio. This little ceramic piece holds my pens that I accent some of my watercolors with.


Please visit my Etsy store for original watercolor paintings priced from $10.00. My Etsy store carries my small works.

Don't miss my website for my oil paintings, with studies priced from $85.00.




Till next time!

12 comments:

Schar Freeman said...

update Jean...I love the pebble project that Amanda has going..I am gathering pebbles to send along to her today!

Love, love love the new painting of Iris..so delicate and free!
much aloha,
schar

makeart said...

Your new Iris paintings are wonderful! Thank you for mentioning the One Pebble Project and sharing the ACEO I sent you. :-)

Lily Pang said...

Beautiful and dreamy irises!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Schar! I think that her project is so neat. I do love rocks, but have never painted them! Glad you like the Iris! Best to you, J

-----

Amanda, I hope you get lots of pebbles!

-----

Lily, so glad you stopped by. I've painted so many Iris over the years, both in oil and watercolor. It's one of my favorite flowers.

ZudaGay said...

Beautiful, Iris, Jean!!! I am in awe...I just can't get my head around water colors for some reason. The pebble project is so cool, I'm off to check out Amanda's site.

thewildhare said...

I love the Iris, and I love the One Pebble project idea! Off to check out Amanda's site!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hi Zuda! Well, watercolor can be a difficult medium, that's for sure. I'm sure you'd do just fine with them! Amanda's project is fun, I hope you sent her some pebbles.

-----

Hi Kimberly! I'm so glad you like my iris! I need to paint something else now, I tend to go in series, and I'm working on landscape this week. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I love bearded irises. We have several lavender ones blooming. They have bright orange in them. I am forwarding pictures.
Janis

Marionette said...

Jean,
Another beautiful iris watercolor! I love the style of this one. Yes, you definitely should try a bird of paradise. They are so exotic and fun to paint!

Aloha,
Marionette

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you Janis!

-----

Always nice when you stop by, Marionette! I appreciate your lovely comments!

Dan said...

Beautiful Iris painting! I am waiting for my Irises to come up so that I can sit outdoors and capture them...also in response to your poll, Acrylic would be easiest because of its versatility I would say...

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Dan! Thank you for the comment! Iris here would have been gone by late March! I do love painting them, they seem made for watercolor. Thanks for voting in the poll, I appreciate it!