Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hill Country Landscape Painting, Baron's Creek

This original oil painting was painted on the bank of Baron's Creek in the Texas Hill Country.

Baron's Creek, Study

Baron's Creek meanders through the Fredericksburg area. I was painting there with my dear friend Vanaly Palmer. We decided to catch a very quick study of the creek before it got dark. It was fall, cool and lovely as always! The sun was setting in front of us, back lighting the creek. The orange sky was beautiful.

Vanaly is a delight to paint with. She loves adventure and is always ready for any outing.

Detail:

Baron's Creek, Study

Baron's Creek, Study, is available on my web site. It's 8 inches tall by 10 inches wide. This small landscape study is priced at $85.00. I've painted a larger piece from this study. I have it in a "possible" frame. This piece is about 28 x 32. I'll take a better picture of it later with out the frame. I can color correct it better that way.

DSC_0049

Here's a quick peak into my studio. Trust me, this is just a part of the paint that I have!

DSC_0005

Please visit my Etsy store for original watercolor and oil paintings priced from $10.00 to $395.00.

Don't miss my web site for more oil paintings. Here you can find studies priced from $85.00 and my paintings priced from $200.00. Thank you for visiting!

mannequin, St Patricks day Now they want to decorate for Saint Patrick's Day.

Till next time!

Jean

9 comments:

loraseverson said...

Beautiful painting! You are a very talented artist!

Nancy and the fatties said...

Jean, such a beautiful, warm painting. I love it when you give us peeks into your studio! what a great idea to get those plastic drawer bins for you paint - you have got me using my thinker noggin now - time to organize the studio...
pee ess - I mentioned you in the bloggy a couple of days ago. I sure hope to bump into you someday down in Fred-burg!
xxxooo

Manon Doyle said...

This is a lovely painting Jean!
I believe you when you tell us it's only part of the paint you have! I also have a ton...... I'm an art supply junkie!

Monique (Meristem Studio) said...

I love the "peak" into your studio. I feel like if people saw the bins and bins of paint and supplies, they'd wonder how we even work. :-)

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Jean - that colour for the sky is amazing... I have seen it a few times and you got it bang on!

Brenda said...

Another gorgeous painting Jean. Sounds like you had alot of fun that day.

Marionette said...

Jean,
As always, more beautiful paintings! And, I always enjoy a sneak peek into your studio!

Happy Painting and Aloha,
Marionette

Landscapeideas Team said...

beautiful artworks...love to see more from you..hope you can drop by on my blog..TQ

Jean Levert Hood said...

Lora, thank you so much! I subscribed to your lovely blog with bloglines.

-----

Hey Nancy - Those bins work pretty good, and it's easy to keep them organized by 6 colors. But, alas, like I said, that's not all!! It is really is a good help for what I'm not using at the moment that's on my work table. It would be so fun to find you in F'burg one day!

-----

Hey Manon! Oh yeah, we need to keep it a secret!! I'm glad you like my painting. Thank you so much.

-----

Monique - it's fun to show little pics of my studio! Oh yes, as Manon says, "supply junkie!!"

-----
Michelle, thank you. I love that sky. Love that orange sky!! It's always a thrill when I can get that into a painting and have it right!

-----

Hey Brenda, I'm glad you stopped by. Thank you!

-----

Marionette, thank you! Your blog and newsletter are awesome, by the way!

-----