Saturday, January 10, 2009

Coolest Blog Award and Tagged

I received two neat blog awards! They are "For the Coolest Blog I Know."

One came from Diane Clancy, and one came from Mystic Mooma. This is an unexpected treat. Thank you ladies! You made my day!

image







In the blog world there is a thing called "tagging." I've been tagged and will try to remember all of you who have tagged me. Let's see, there is Sweet Kym of Kimbuktu and awesome Kimberly of The Wild Hare. These 2 Kims tagged me at the same time.

To be "Tagged" means you have to reveal 7 things (random and weird) about yourself that you don't think people know. Well, that completely stumps me! I just cannot think of anything that might interesting to you! So, here goes:

1) I love to paint. (I know you didn't know that.)

2) I love to paint. (Now you are truly informed.)

3) Although I crave peace and quiet in my life, when I paint I rock the walls with loud music. It may be opera, classical, rock or soft rock. I dance. I sing. Loudly. You can be the judge of this...

4) I love to paint.

5) I am so inspired by all that I see in my world. Nature is totally inspiring - a leaf can inspire a whole series of paintings. I never ceased to be amazed at the beauty and awesomeness day in, day out, of my world. It is there, I simply need open my eyes. I am grateful.

6) Stella and Clothilde, my 2 cats, often paint with me.

7) That drive to get on canvas what I see inside of me keeps me striving for more and better - something I see as a never ending life-long challenge. I love it. This is the passion that fuels me. I am grateful for it.

and for good measure, I'll go to number

8) I love to paint!!

9) Squeezing out fresh paint onto an empty palette is a wonderful experience. It's soft like butter, I just can't wait to get my brush into it.

10) I used to intensely dislike cleaning my brushes after a session. Somehow that feeling has totally changed and now I really enjoy it. Maybe it completes the painting process.

11) Life is good with a passion. I am grateful.

Thank you Kimberly and Kimbuktu!

Kimberly's blog is always great, I never miss it. She shares her life and dreams so freely. Be sure to check out. It is refreshing.

Check out Kimbuktu's website, and her Esty shop. You won't be disappointed! she has great bags/purses, quilts, scrapbook goods and more!

I was also tagged by Lyndel at Bear Hollow Creations. Lyndel has beautiful stained glass work at very reasonable prices. His new abstracts and miniatures are very nice too. Mike at Gimme Beads has wonderful jewelry. Terri at Epiphany Art is an artist that I've worked with in a wonderful group. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone!

I'll leave you with another peak at my studio:
This wonderful candle holder was given to me about 10 years ago. I gave an art lesson to my nephew's art class. His teacher presented me with one of her works as a thank you. I wish I could remember her name to tell you. I love this piece, crooked candle and all!

Please visit my Etsy store for original watercolor and oil paintings priced from $10.00 to $395.00. You'll find my small works and studies here for very reasonable prices.

Don't miss my website for more of my oil paintings!

They said they were brainstorming. I just don't know what to think. .. . .

Till next time,

Jean

15 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

I love reading everyone's 7 things posts. Jean, do you like to paint by any chance?

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Congrats on the award, Jean! :)

Linda Blondheim said...

Congrats Jean. Well deserved.
Love,
Linda

cynthia said...

Congratulations, Jean! Much deserved.

Love the peeks into other people's studios too.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you told us that you like to paint.

Lily Pang said...

I really feel the passion of you in painting. Yes, I love what you said, life is beautiful with passion.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Jean ....

I love hearing more about you!! I always do .. your art is truly wonderful!!

Listening to the Smartist Teleconference right now.

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.DianeClancy.etsy.com

Jean Levert Hood said...

Karen, what ever gave you that idea??!!!
---------------
Michelle, thank you!
---------------
Linda, I appreciate you!
---------------
Cynthia, one day, I'll quit trusting my spell checker for Peak/Peek!!!
--------------
Anon - thanks for stopping by!
--------------
Lily, I know you feel that passion in your work too!
-------------
Diane,
thank you for that wonderful compliment, I really appreciate that!

The Epiphany Artist said...

OMG am I tagged? or did I tag you ?
soooo........ you like to paint ? :) Are you on Facebook or Twitter? am I following you there to? I want to say one thing Thank you for not making me put in those stupid verification letters when I post here!! HUGS!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Terri, you are tooo funny. You had tagged me!! It was a while back, I'm catching up with my taggings. I am on Facebook and will look for you there. Not Twittering, though.

I HATE those letters to post comments! There are so many times that they simply don't work, and often I can't read them!

The Epiphany Artist said...

YUP I am going to start a campaign!NO Letter verification! Ohhh yah!!! I forgot duh! I forgot that I did that!
I just did a friend request I found ya!

Diane ~ said...

Hi Jean! Congrats on your blog award! I really loved reading your 7 things! It's so nice getting to know more about one of my very favorite artists! ♥

Melody said...

Congrats Jean....you are cool

kimbuktu said...

Thanks for the kind mention and link to my site Jean. Your seven things were very entertaining.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Diane, thank you!
------------

Melody, I imagine you're the only person in the world who would think I'm cool!! I'm framing this!
------------

Kym, it was my pleasure!