Friday, December 19, 2008

Blue Vase and Blue Boot

Blue Vase by Jean Levert Hood - Oil


Blue Vase
is an oil painting measuring 14 inches wide by 18 inches tall. Blue Vase was fun to paint. OK, I know I say that all the time! Believe me, painting is work no doubt, but some paintings are just plain fun. I think it is because of the neat objects I choose. The crockery on the left is delightfully misshapen. The blue vase is a gorgeous piece, and I wanted it to really show it off. The fresh peppers and pot of daisies are nice live elements among the vases. Blue Vase is available on my website for $595.00. I truly do not know why I am having trouble with the font size tonight. I can see that after this paragraph it is correct. Changing font sizes seems to have no effect.

Remember Maddie, one of my students? maddie drawing We've been studying drawing but Maddie has been painting on her own. I'm very fortunate to now own one of her paintings! She had 2 of her pieces in a local sale and I grabbed this one. It is a wonderful little piece. As of yet, she has had no painting instructions. I am amazed at her color choices.

Maddie's boot

maddie 2 She didn't simply paint the background a solid orange. There are warm shades of orange, yellow, red and even a touch of pink here and there.

maddie 3 And look at the blue of the boot - she incorporated the warm tones here too! I'm thrilled to be teaching this budding artist!

In my Etsy store you'll see my watercolor and oil paintings priced from $10.00 to $395.00.

Don't miss my web site for oil paintings of my corner of Texas as well as my travels. There are cute kitty pictures on the "What's going on in my studio this month" page. Fair warning given...

If I miss you before the holidays, have a very Merry Christmas!

Till next time! Oh, they had to have headgear. Sigh.
Jean

7 comments:

Nancy and the fatties said...

Love the new painting, Jean, it is beautiful. I hope you and the assistants are all bundled up tonight for that big ole cold front!!
holiday hugs...

Jill said...

Amazing, once again.

Lily Pang said...

Beautiful still life. Maddie's work is cut!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jean!!!

Tommy Thompson said...

Jean, This is my absolute favorite of your paintings.

Tommy and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

All the Best, Marie

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Love the vase!

I was looking at the boot and noticing the variations in colour before I read about it - amazing!

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!!

Clare said...

I can't imagine what the inside of your head must be like.The scope of your imagination astounds me. The composition and range of colors you use always amazes me. You have created an appreciation of fine are in my heart. For that I thank you.
Clare

Sadia Hussain said...

Very refreshing colors, love your painting.
Wish you a Happy New Year.