Saturday, December 6, 2008

Aspen Paintings Listed and Today's Walk

Aspen at Lake Buckles,  Study

My two Aspen paintings have been placed for sale.

"Aspen at Lake Buckles" a study, is available at my Art Fire studio for $30.00. (above)

Art Fire is a new venue that I'm trying out. It will have my smaller works, studies and watercolors, much like Etsy. They have a nice site that's very user friendly.

Aspen at Lake Buckles resized

"Aspen at Lake Buckles," a 10 inch tall by 8 inch wide oil painting is available here on my web site for $200.00. (above)

I painted this piece on Gallery Wrap Canvas so you can hang it without a frame if that suits you.

My walk today was great. Even though we've had a freeze the last 2 nights the afternoons have been beautiful. The sky was totally clear and it was 70 degrees!

Lake Jean had nice reflections. The water was glassy-still.

lake Jean still day

The palms haven't lost any of their foliage yet.

palms at Lake Jean

The water was intensely blue from this angle.

Lake Jean reflections

We have a small amount of fall color, some trees and shrubs are yellow-gold.

early December color

Don't forget my Holiday sale! You'll find it on Etsy. In my Etsy store you'll see my watercolor and oil paintings priced from $7.00 to $395.00.

Don't miss my web site for oil paintings of my corner of Texas as well as my travels. It's been updated. Yes, my web site has been updated! I actually updated my web site! There are cute kitty pictures on the "What's going on in my studio this month" page. Fair warning given...

Till next time,

image I think his arms are getting tired.


5 comments:

Clare said...

Love the Aspens I can almost hear the rattle sound the leaves make Clare

Lily Pang said...

Beautiful Aspen!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

The Aspen are beautiful!

70 degrees!!*faints*

We are under over 3 feet of snow and a blizzard warning... It was 10 degrees here yesterday....

Kathleen said...

Jean,
The aspens are great - and I really like the treatment of the leaves in the foreground!
Kathleen

Jean Levert Hood said...

Clare, it is such a wonderful sound when the Aspen leaves rattle!

-------------

Lily, thank you!

----------

Michelle, our weather changes rapidly this time of year. The last few days, we are freezing at night, then up to 65 in the afternoon. I simply cannot even fathom 3 feet of snow!

----------

Thank you, Kathleen, and thank you for visiting my blog. I'm off to visit yours!