Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Orange Long Legs and BS Art Studio

Here is another heron watercolor! This one is layered with oranges, reds, yellows, and even magenta. I love the flow of watercolor, and enjoy working with it. It creates many surprises as you paint, and often these surprises dictate the outcome of the piece.

Long legs - Orange 1
This is "Orange Long Legs." Orange is an original watercolor painting sized to fit a standard 8 inch by 10 inch mat and frame.

I have a stack of bird paintings now! I love how painting in a series changes my eye.

Detail:

Long legs - Orange 123

Orange Long Legs is available in my Etsy store here, for $35.00.

A Peek into my Studio: These are 2 crosses I like. The first one was purchased on the High Road from Taos to Sante Fe. What a gorgeous drive. We stopped at all of the wonderful old churches along the way. This was made by David Lopez in Trampas. I also have one of his carved bunnies! The second cross was purchased from the Farmers Market and Art Market in Baton Rouge on my spring trip to visit my family. I love the labyrinth in the cross and the colors. These 2 pieces hang on the wall in front of my easel.

Stop by and visit http://bsartstudios.com/ to the see work of Shelby and Beth. They have wonderful Encaustic paintings. Their sense of color and design is captivating. You'll see more at their Etsy shop here, with a huge variety of art and prices.

Please visit my Etsy store for original watercolor and oil paintings priced from $10.00 to $395.00.

Don't miss my website for more oil paintings!

Thank you!
Jean


Till next time!

mannequins resized 1 Actually, he is guarding my CD collection.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean, What a breath of fresh air. Your blog came out after I had been watching the election results and was a little stressed. The beauty of the painting made me relax in an instant. I thank you.
Clare

Lily Pang said...

Lovely bird. I love the bold brush strokes!

ZudaGay said...

Lovely, Jean!! I LOVE your Poppies!!!

Precious Quilts said...

Jean, I love your bird! Sometimes the bold simplicity says more than a lot of detail.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

I completely agree with the others that the bold simplicity of the bird is perfect! Well done!

I LOVE that labyrinth cross... very cool...

Jean Levert Hood said...

Clare, what an awesome thing to say! If my painting can bring you that peace, I feel that I have done my job. Thank you so very much.

Lily, thank you for stopping by, and from one so accomplished in watercolor, I appreciate the comment.

Zuda, I'm so glad you like those poppies! I never tire of painting them.

Pat, Watercolor is a fun medium, it's wonderful to capture an instant, and go bold!

Thank you Michelle! The minute I saw that cross, I new I had to have it! The wonderful green was the perfect color for it too, so peaceful!

groovyinclinations said...

Wonderful, wonderful images!! I adore viewing your paintings.

cynthia said...

Fantastic Jean! I think working in a series is a great way to explore the subject in depth. I do it with ceramic work too.