Glenda Bailey, of Two Cool Texans has beautiful work. I simply love her work, and have featured her on my own blog. She and her daughter work together in this venture. Both have been widely published, and their art is in homes across the United States, Canada, and the UK. Their art has been published in Somerset Studio, Altered Arts magazine, Somerset Gallery issues, Expressions, Haute Handbags, ScrapnStamp, Stampers Sampler, Somerset Handcrafted and Sew Somerset. These impressive artist have a variety of pieces available for your walls at very reasonable prices!
Mixed media and felting on canvas-Winter Songs $38.50
I love this piece, but, by now you've figured out that I love all of Glenda's work! The quiet colors in this piece are so engaging. Glenda started this piece by needle felting, beading, adding brass leaves and fibers, then finally silk leaves onto a piece of wool felt. Then she stitched on the image of the two birds sitting on a pine branch. Next, she layered the felted piece onto a canvas board covered with diagonally quilted bronze fabric, then onto green handmade paper. Lastly, the piece was layered onto a gallery wrapped canvas. The sides and the canvas are painted also. For a finally touch, she added a bamboo ring tied with coordinating fibers. The canvas measures 8 x 8 inches plus a few inches more at the bottom with the fibers hanging down. Perfect - and so very reasonably priced!
- Glenda Bailey - her own words:
- I am a mixed media artist and teacher in the Dallas area. I have been teaching and pursuing mixed media arts since I became an empty nester about 12 years ago. Alisha tells me it is more like 15 years, I have no concept of time. The hobby has turned into a profession of sorts and occupies most of my time. I love it! My daughter and I own TwoCoolTexans.net and collaborate on a lot of art projects. We also do artwork and demos for Clearsnap. I feel so blessed to have a "best friend" and a daughter who shares my passion for all things art.
This is another piece of Glenda's that is just great.
Bird and eggs, mixed media assemblage, canvas, shadow box, collage, available for only $35.95!
This is one in Glenda's shadow boxes series. She uses a 6 x 8 stretched canvas, turns it over to the back and creates a shadow box inside the opening for the collage. The back is then painted and it is ready to hang or place on a little stand for display. She said she loves doing bird themes! For this one, Glenda used handmade paper, a bird reprint, a twig, cheesecloth, and a vintage reprint of the bird.
Susan Elkin has this piece for you:
This is Night Sky I- a 5 inch x 7 inch Matted Fine Art Print for only $20! Susan prints her reproductions with archival paper and inks. This print is rated to last a lifetime. She encloses the print in a protective sleeve with an acid-free backing board to protect your image. Susan is keeping this item as an unlimited run, open edition.
Elkin also sells this piece as a Fine Art Card, for only $4.00! Susan's card is:
• blank inside for your own personal message
• a 5"x7" card with image covering entire front
• printed edge to edge image is luxurious looking
• perfect for framing ~ or sending to a friend
• digitally printed on high quality paper
• printed with archival inks - your print will last for a lifetime
• comes with a white envelope
• enclosed in a clear sleeve.
Susan's blog is here. Don't miss her very reasonably priced work!I'll post more in my Affordable Art series next month!
Please visit my Etsy store for original watercolor and oil paintings priced from $10.00 to $395.00.
Don't miss my website for more oil paintings.
Check out my blog and see new artwork, as well as the wonderful flora and fauna of the beautiful Texas Hill Country!
Jean Levert Hood