Saturday, November 15, 2008

Iris Emerging, Lake Jean's Moon, Deer and Turkey!

The moon was so awesome last night! It was huge just above the horizon, early in the evening. Our Game Camera at Lake Jean caught this awesome shot! I don't think I've ever seen this before. We don't have too many deer feeding at night, so this is really a special shot. Oh, sigh, and about that date and time - it's kind of like the old VCR's, we have no idea how to get that date right or to remove it!

Deer moon

Turkeys!! I saw over 30 turkeys in the field in front of our house 2 days ago. I'd hoped that they had all stopped at the Lake to munch out before they crossed the field, but, I'm happy to have the shot of these guys!

My beautiful picture

Here is the shot I got from the patio, they are pretty far for my camera to do much, but you can see most of the large group.

turkeys in field

Iris Emerging, Abstract Study is now available for sale!

It is 8 inches tall by 10 inches wide and features the light of the iris petals emerging from a dark background. I love doing pieces that are part abstract and part impressionistic. Fun, very fun! My sister had these gorgeous iris in her yard, and it was perfect for this piece. The outer petals of the iris were white, and the inner ones were the palest of purples.

Iris Emerging resized

detail:

Iris Emerging resized close up 1

Iris Emerging is available in in my Etsy store, click here, for $200.00.

Please visit my Etsy store for sale items starting at $7.00! Here is where you'll see my smaller works and studies, as well as my watercolor paintings. Holiday Sale is in progress!

Don't miss my website for more oil paintings of my beautiful area of Texas, as well as my travels.

Thank you!
Jean


They worked so hard to get this lettering perfect for you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean,
I can't believe all of the turkeys!
And the iris, what can I say, beautiful as usual. You blow me away.
Clare

Anonymous said...

Jean,
Can I borrow your little wooden helpers? I need some help with house work. The iris is astonishing.
Rita

Genie said...

Wow, what an amazing night catch with the game cam! FUN! Of course, you know me, as long as the moon is in it.... The iris is astounding, those colors are awesome.

Sadia Hussain said...

Your painting is beautiful, especially the background.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Ha! We have the same turkeys (well not exactly the same!) running around here. We see them most now and again in the late winter when they start eating berries off our bushes.

The iris is so vibrant! You are fearless with colour, Jean!

Linda Blondheim Art notes said...

Our moon was huge here in Florida too. I love a full moon. Love the abstract painting Jean.
Love,
Linda

Graceful Moments said...

I arrived at your blog by way of Sunfower Songs! So glad that I checked it out today. I love wildlife and we have deer and turkeys around our farm in GA too! Love the shot of the moon with the deer feeding. Also the one of the turkeys. We only see the turkeys when it drizzles rain. That's the only time they emerge from the woods. The Iris is beautiful. Leaving here to check out your shop on Etsy!

ceevee said...

The moon was something last night even here thru the glow of the Walmart a mile away!

I have been to your beautiful Hill country once. I remember going to Dooleys store. ANywhere around you?

Jean Levert Hood said...

Clare, seeing a group of turkeys that large is not unusal at certain times of the year. This summer, it was fun to see the mamas with their babies! I'm so glad you like the iris!
----------------------
Hey Rita! Thank you for stopping by my blog! My little helpers are paid quite well, this is so they won't leave me a go to work for someone else!!
--------------------
Genie, wasn't that moon so awesome! Painting the iris was a treat, I was able to use sooo many colors.
-------------------
Sadia, I'm so glad you visited! I do like painting those abstract backgrounds!
---------------
Michelle, what a nice thing to say - fearless with color! I appreciate that! No matter what I'm painting, most of my thoughts are about color.
-------------
Linda, that moon was amazing.
--------------------
Graceful - I love Sunflowers Song's blog! I'm glad you made that click! We see the turkeys more because we have lots of food and water in view of our house. But, then again, it is seasonal. Isn't the wildlife wonderful? It just always makes you smile!
------------
Hey CeeVee!
Oh, yes, Dooley's is awesome. A Five and Dime just like when I was a little girl! It is a very fun place to browse. That is in Fredericksburg, about 3 1/2 hours away. We go there a lot, it is a beautiful part of the Texas Hill Country.