Friday, November 28, 2008

Falling Ginkgos, An Owl, and more!

Falling Ginkgos:

falling ginkgos resized

detail -

falling ginkgos detail 1

detail -

falling ginkgos detail 2

detail -

falling ginkgos detail 3

Yes, more ginkgos! I love to paint these leaves. This original watercolor painting has layers of ochers, violets, oranges, greens, yellows, and probably more!
"Falling Ginkgos" is 5 1/4 inches tall by 3 5/8 wide, sized to fit into a 5x7 mat and frame. Falling is is available in my ArtFire Studio!

An owl! The game camera caught an owl! This is another first. Not a great shot, but pretty neat for night time photo!

My beautiful picture

echinacea holiday sale

My Holiday Sale continues, and I've added Cone Flower to the sale! It was listed at $22.00, and is on sale for only $17.00. Cone Flower is available here in my Etsy Shop!

Sharon Shubert is an amazing artist, and does much to promote other's art. We are both in the group WWAO, Worldwide Women Artists Online. Sharon shows a daily page on her web site for our work. Click here to visit that page. She changes it each day to give everyone exposure. What a great way to see so many artists on one page! This is a wonderful way to see many artist's pieces in one place.

Please visit my Etsy store for original watercolor and oil paintings priced from $7.00 to $395.00. Don't miss my web site for more oil paintings of my corner of the world, and my travels.

Till next time!

Jean

Holiday Sale resized copy They all said to tell you to shop early!

13 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow i love that falling ginkgos! n_n Love your blog enjoy reading!

ZudaGay said...

Your Ginkgos are beautiful, Jean!! Beautiful colors...and the Ginkgo shape is so lovely.

Sixsisters said...

Oh Jean ! These ginkos just get better and better !
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Kim said...

hi Jean
your image and bio have been added to your listing on the Top Artists Directory....

enjoy your weekend :)
cheers Kim

Jean Levert Hood said...

Jacqueline, I'm so glad you visited my blog! I hearted your Etsy store, and just visited your blog, too!

=============

Zuda, thank you!!

============

Hey Joan! Oh, that's a nice thing to say!! I hope your Thanksgiving Holidays are continuing!

=============

Kim, I appreciate the add! Thank you so much!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Your place is really wildlife central! :)
I love the colours of the ginkgos...

Sadia Hussain said...

Beautiful choice of warm colors! Very pretty.

Genie said...

Wow, I LOVE that your game cam got an OWL! Amazing!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hi Michelle! You know, it really is a bit like wildlife centrl living here!!

---------------

Sadia, thank you so much! I'm happy you found my blog!

--------------

Hey Genie - I think it's a great horned owl, we've seen them before.

ceevee said...

I love the Ginkgos paintings! The color are so rich. A favorite of mine.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you, CeeVee!! I find myself painting them so often!

David Patterson said...

Your work is wonderful Jean!

David

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you so much David! And I just checked out your blog and have to return the compliment. Lovely work!