Thursday, October 30, 2008

Poppies and Linda Blondheim

I love painting poppies. (How many times have I said that!) I've painted many, and each one can be such a fresh look. This piece, Poppies, is 12 inches tall by 9 inches wide. It's painted with many shades of oranges, reds, and yellows. "Poppies" is priced at $325.00, and is available for sale here on my web site.

Poppies resized

detail:

poppies resized detail

detail:

poppies resized detail 23

work table and reference photos:

blog painting poppies resized

Linda Blondheim is a great landscape artist. Her blog features recipes every day, as well as wonderful information for artist and art collectors. Linda will also give you updates about Studio Dog, Henry! She is a Florida painter, and captures her state wonderfully. Linda does commission work, workshops, paint outs, etc.

On her "fun" side, she paints cartoons!


Above © Linda Blondheim

I love artists who know how to have fun! I have purchased her delightful works for my collection. Check out her Etsy shop for her cartoons.

She also has some wonderful landscapes for sale on Etsy. Her website is here. You won't be disappointed with Linda!

Please visit my Etsy store for original watercolor and oil paintings priced from $10.00 to $395.00.

Don't miss my website for more of my oil paintings!



Till next time!

mannequins resized 1

11 comments:

The Epiphany Artist said...

Beautiful Painting! I like Linda Blondheim too! The picture of your studio is sublime!

Linda Blondheim said...

Jean,
How kind you are to include me in the blog. Thank you so much.
Love,
Linda

Bob Johnson said...

Wow, I love the colors, very original indeed.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

The poppies are gorgeous!!
And isn't Linda wonderful??

Anonymous said...

Love the poppies.

Janis

Judith HeartSong said...

Jean,

I love the poppies!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you so much, Terri! Linda is such a sweetie, so giving to all of us artist. I love sharing my studio pics with my readers!

Linda, it is my pleasure to share your work and sites!

Thank you so much, Bob! I'm glad you stopped by. I love to squeeze all of the color I can into my works! As always, I love your blog. Blackholes and astrostuff is amazing to me.

Yes, Michelle, Linda is such a sweetie! Glad you like the poppies!

Janis, they were fun to paint!

Hi Judith! Thanks for visiting my blog. I read yours always, and wonder how you have the time to post so often for us!!

Judy Mackey said...

Jean, Beautiful poppies - love the orange-y colors.
I'm a fan of Linda Blondheim as well.
Judy

Marionette said...

Jean,
I just adore the poppies! You have used every color in the rainbow! Such a happy painting. I admire your style!!!

Aloha from Kauai,
Marionette

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Judy - I'm so glad you stopped by my blog!! Yes, Linda is such a sweetie, and a huge inspiration for us artist. I'm so glad you like my poppies!

Marionette, I just love color. No matter what I am painting, it is all just really about color! Maybe that's why I love painting poppies, they allow me to use soooo much of that wonderful paint!

artlover said...

i love your paintings! just browsed your gallery, they were all wonderful. and of course i love this one, beautiful flower, beautiful painting!