Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Deer Kiss, Echinacea, and Jordanka

This is an original watercolor painting of the lovely Echinacea flower. It is sized to fit into a standard 14 x 11 mat and frame. I painted this on very heavy watercolor paper, my favorite for layering all of those wonderful colors! It is available for $85.00 HERE in my Etsy Shop.


Detail: Detail: Jordanka was so kind to feature my work on her blog, http://www.treeartist-jordanka.blogspot.com/. She paints very colorful flowing trees. She works with her customers for custom designed styles and colors of her pieces, as well as offers prints for a lower priced item. Jordanka's a lovely artist, and I hope you check out her blog and her Etsy Shop.

This amazing photo was caught with our game camera. This is a doe kissing her fawn! Well, that's what I like to think it is, anyway. I got so gushy over it, I couldn't stop saying "awwwww." I had about 300 photos to view and this one was tops.


My beautiful picture

Isn't it the best?? It's even better with the twin fawn in the shot with them.

Till next time!

mannequins resized 1They love the loud music too!

8 comments:

Sixsisters said...

Jean you are back ! sweet pic of the Momma and
baby deer .

Linda Blondheim said...

Great photo and painting.
Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Jean,
Great picture, The flowers look like purple cone flowers that grow in Louisiana. Your use of color always astounds me
Clare

kim* said...

very cool, i just made a fawn painting :)

Karen Faulkner said...

Beautiful echinacea painting!!
One morning last week, a deer appeared across the road from our neighbor's horse barn where one of the horses was out in the pasture. The horse's expression was priceless...it looked so hopeful that the deer would come over to play, and then disappointed when the deer disappeared back into the woods!

The Epiphany Artist said...

so CUTE!

Into the Blystic said...

great colours!beautiful painting!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey, Joan! Glad you stopped by!

Linda, thank you, I appreciate the comment!

Clare, yes, that is a cone flower. I'm glad you like the way I use color. I find that no matter what I'm painting, it's always about color for me.

Kim, your little fawn cap is delightful!!

Hey Karen, I love hearing of other's wildlife stories! That is too cute. I love to watch the animal play. The babies especially, they all seem to love to play!

Thank you, Terri!

Elis, I appreciate that so much!