Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Aspen at Buckles Lake, and Kae Elliot

Buckles Lake is beautiful!

The smaller of these two pieces was painted on location at Buckles Lake, Colorado this summer. You'll find this gorgeous place South of Pagosa Springs. The sky is intensely blue at this altitude of 9505 feet.

Around the lake are breathtaking aspens surrounded with yellow wildflowers. I painted with gouache on location, and the larger studio piece to the left is an oil. The oil needs some drying time, and then it will be posted for sale. The small one will be posted as a study for sale in my Etsy shop.






We enjoy Pagosa Springs, and stay there to take day trips to the surrounding areas. If you stay at Pagosa Springs, I can tell you that Pagosa Springs Inn & Suites is a very nice place to stay. Chester and Margaret are wonderful innkeepers. The rooms are very nice, and his suites are very, very nice! Chester is wonderfully accomodating, his staff is delightful, and we love his delightful sense of humor. We've stayed with Chester several times and have been so pleased each time.

I'm in an online group with some wonderful artists. Kae Elliot is one of them. She has been so nice to put links to my Esty shop on her blog during our common promotions. Kae is so kind in featuring Esty sellers. So, I wanted to say hello to her, and let you know about Kae's blog, and her two Esty shops, Kae's Etsy crafts shop, andKae's Etsy supply shop.

Please visit my Etsy store for original watercolor and oil paintings priced from $10.00 to $395.00.

Don't miss my website for more oil paintings, and to see my "What's going on in my studio this month" feature! Thank you for stopping by!

Until next time!

They're so supportive!




18 comments:

kae1crafts said...

Thanks so much for your kind words. It is always my pleasure to feature you and other VAST artists as there are so many beautiful pieces to view and discuss.

Pagosa Springs is a beautiful area. I've stayed there several days in my RV when we couldn't go over Wolf Creek Pass the first of May. Too much snow!!!

So glad you enjoyed your vacation and your aspen painting is lovely. Makes me homesick for the mountains - next fall I'll be enjoying them as we are moving back to Colorado next spring.

Safe travels and thanks.

cynthia said...

Pagosa Springs is a beautiful area of Colorado. I haven't spent much time there as a destination, but have driven through there a few times. You mentioned the intense blue skies - I think that's one of the things that attracted my husband and me to Colorado. As soon as we stepped off the plane, we couldn't believe the intensity of the sky as compared to Wash. DC where we lived at the time.

Fantastic paintings too! You've really captured the aspens.

joonbeam said...

Jean, are you kidding me right now? Pagosa Springs? I lived in Durango for 11 years!!!!! Love your paintings and cannot wait to meet you once the weather accommodates! :)

ox

joonie

Jean Levert Hood said...

My pleasure, Kae! I'm glad you like my Aspens, too. We love the area around there, and I love anywhere in the West with mountains!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Cynthia, those amazing skies have taken me to Taos to paint many times. Toas is about 7500 feet, I believe, but it is that intense sky all the same. It's so captivating.

I love aspens, and love painting them in all of their seasons.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Joonie, we are going to meet up one of these days!! Durango is awesome, of course I say this about all of Colorado! We will meet in warmer climes!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Beautiful warmth.... nice!!

The Epiphany Artist said...

Gorgeous! Aspen's -I think I remember seeing them in Estes Park Colorado. - so pretty!

Lily Pang said...

Beautiful aspen. I love the green, it is so fresh. It will be great to stay there for a while with such fresh and clean trees.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you Michelle! Glad you stopped by!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Terri! Yes, Colorado is full of the aspens!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hi Lily! Yes, it's a beautiful place, the air is so clean!

Andrea Kobayashi 小林アンドレア said...

Love those roosters. Irresistable to paint I'm sure with those colours!

Melody said...

Simply beautiful work Jean.

Marionette said...

Jean,
Your Aspens are so colorful! You have captured the texture and light so beautifully! Sounds like a really lovely place to visit! Colorado is one of my favorite states!

Aloha from Kauai,
Marionette

Jean Levert Hood said...

Andrea, thank you so much for stopping by!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you Melody!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Marionette, So glad you visited. Yes, Colorado is a gorgeous place. I love to paint the Aspens!