Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Oil Painting - Rooster

One Proud Rooster is an original oil painting, size 12 inches tall by 9 inches wide, available for $325.00. Rooster is available here in my Etsy store.

I painted this rooster in a workshop with Guido Frick as an exercise to stretch our vision. Were allowed to paint from a photograph that Frick supplied, then had to finish without the photo. Well, it did look like a rooster, but a very misshapen one! So, I re-did the painting some months later, and I looked at the photo till I was finished! So, while I flunked the initial exercise, I am pleased with my finished project. This painting is 12 inches tall by 9 inches wide. There is plenty of thick, juicy paint on this one, and I had fun fixing him up.

Detail:


Detail:
A small piece of my studio:



Until next time!
What would I do with out them! They even have easels out for the next paintings.


14 comments:

cynthia said...

Fantastic Jean! I have a real thing for roosters and chickens. You've given this one quite a bit of character too.

How wonderful for your students to have you as a teacher too!

William F. Renzulli said...

I love it!!!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Jean,

This is wonderful!! I love this painting!!

I also have a give-away if you want to enter.

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
http://Dianeclancy.com/blog/2008/07/post-500-a-give-away/

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Cynthia!! I hope you're enjoying your cool weather for your class!

I've been painting a lot of roosters and chickens lately, which has been fun. I haven't done animals in ages.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Bill, thank you for stopping by. I'm glad you like my rooster, because I know that you don't like a lot of them!!
Take care,
Jean

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you, Diane!! I have entered your give away! Hope others take advantage of that too!

Linda Blondheim said...

Beautiful Jean!!
Love,
Linda

cuteartworld said...

Wow Jean I am so honored thank you so much for your comments on Vast! Your art is so beautiful!!!!

Lily Pang said...

It is really juicy. I guess you use paint knife to paint it, isn't? Beautiful colors!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you, Linda!
Love, Jean

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you, CuteArtWorld! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Lily!! I'm glad you visited!! No, I didn't use a knife on this one, it is a very loaded brush, though, for those thick, textured areas.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

I just love it!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you, Michelle!! I always appreciate it when you stop by.