Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Neon Blue and Etsy Sale!

Ok, you know I have painted buntings, that we use a flax seed feeder for the finches, that we have a pond. Yes, all of that. What I do not have is an awesome telephoto lens for my camera! So, these great photos are courtesy of Darlene Shahan, and copyright by Darlene Shahan. She also has painted buntings, uses a flax seed feeder for the finches, and has a pond. Thanks, Darlene!

She got a great shot of a painted bunting on her flax feeder!

Down at our pond, we have this amazing neon blue dragonfly sort of thing. ( I have books for Texas wildflowers, Texas artifacts, Texas birds, Texas geology, but not these things!) I have no idea what this is. It's simple stunning, though. I've taken dozens of photos of them, but then I cannot find them in the photo because they are so tiny! Darlene was able to capture it with her great telephoto lens. They are about 2 inches long, and the color is truly neon blue. The wonders of nature never end.


Sales are a rare thing for me, so I wanted to let you know about this one. I am a member of a team of artists on Etsy, and we've joined together for a Christmas in July Sale. I have marked down all of my smallest "Tiny Bits of Fine Art" to $7.00, and have marked down some larger paintings by 20%. If the title of the painting has "Christmas in July" in it, the sales price is marked down from the original price. This sale will continue through the last day of July. Prices will be changed August 1st. So, if you're wanting some original art pieces at reduced prices, now is the time to shop! Here are some of my shop items, plus more sales item will be added. So be sure to check my store often!

Click HERE to visit My Etsy Store.












Until next time!
Jean
I'm so lucky to have them!

13 comments:

Linda Blondheim said...

Fantastic paintings and photos Jean.
Love,
Linda

Diane ~Ever so Dear jewelry artisan said...

Beautiful Blog! Loved seeing the photos by Darlene. I've long admired your art work Jean & have to say that I love your painting "pomegranates"! It's Stunning!!
Blessings, Diane

Debi McSwain said...

I like the textured chicken, but didn't see him in your Etsy store. Is he sold?
Debi

Jean Levert Hood said...

The 3rd pic of the rooster sold this a.m., Debi! The chicken, towards the bottom, is still for sale.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Linda, Thank you so much!
Pet Henry for me, Love, Jean

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Diane! She was so sweet to let me use her photos. I'm so honored at your compliments, thank you very much!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hmm, Debi, if you meant the 1st rooster, he's listed now in my Etsy store.

Jill said...

Lovely photographs!!! Those little birds are incredible. And the dragonfly!

Melody said...

Love reading your blog Jean.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Those are lovely!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Jill, aren't the colors on both amazing? Thank you for visiting!

Jean Levert Hood said...

I appreciate that you stop in, Melody!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Michelle, I find our place amazing!