Tuesday, May 6, 2008

White Antelope and Ginkgo Leaves

Ginkgo Leaves
This is an original painting of ginkgo leaves. I really enjoy painting ginkgo leaves, and have done several in the miniature format. This watercolor painting is sized to fit in the standard 8 inch by 10 inch precut mat and frame. It has layers and layers of colors, (my favorite technique in watercolor) and is available in My Etsy Store.

Click here for a link to this item in my Etsy Store.
Even though it isn't an abstract, it is designed to be able to turn in any direction that pleases you!



White Antelope
I can't wait for you to see this! We have many exotic animals in the counties around us. Whenever I have a long drive through the beautiful Texas Hill County, I keep my eyes alert to see whatever may be there. Game proof fencing is coming up everywhere, and ranchers are adding exotic animals to their ranches. (Game proof fencing simply means it's extra tall so most animals can't jump over it.) We've had exotic animals come through our property after somehow getting out of their "home." Sometimes they hang around a while, and we love seeing these beautiful animals. One of our neighbors has exotics, and these large animals are often close enough for me to get a picture. This morning, they stopped and posed for me. These are White Antelope, native to Africa. Aren't they magnificent?

I think this means that I'm going to have to paint animals again. I see things like this and just feel that I must capture it in paint.



















They are just being so helpful these days!

Until next time..

25 comments:

Sue B said...

Those Ginkgo leaves are gorgeous! A wonderful blend of colors. I just love the shape of Ginkgo leaves.

ZudaGay said...

I love your Ginkgos!!! Ginkgos have such a pleasing shape don't they? The white antelopes are beautiful!!! What an amazing site to see in your own backyard! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

AltheaP said...

Wow, what a beautiful world you live in, Jean -- both the way it is and the way you see and share it!

Anonymous said...

I love the ginkgo. The colors are wonderful.
How neat to have exotics in your back yard.

Janis

Sixsisters said...

Love the Ginkgo !!! Can I come and stay and visit the
animals LOL . What fun that must be. You never know
what you will see next !

Jean Levert Hood said...

Sue, I do love those leaves! it allows such wonderful color choices, and yes, those shapes!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you, Zuda! it is a delightful shape! I have so much more to share, stay tuned....

Jean Levert Hood said...

Althea, I'm so glad you like it and comment. I love sharing it!

Jean Levert Hood said...

hey Janis! the animals here are an endless source of pleasure.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Joan, yes, come and visit! Each morning, we have our coffee watching the deer, turkey, all manner of birds, cottontail bunnies, and the occasional ducks!

Liz said...

These are beautiful, Jean! I love watercolours. You inspire me to try some....

Jean Levert Hood said...

Liz, I'd love to see your watercolors!!

cynthia said...

You're tempting me with your Ginkgo leave paintings, Jean!!

Wow, the antelope are fantastic!

Melody said...

What amazingly beautiful animals those antelopes are. Thanks so much for posting the photos. The ginkgo leaves are fabulous. Love the colours

Michelle (artscapes) said...

The ginkgo are gorgeous!! I look forward to animal paintings.... :)

Michelle LaRae said...

I really love the colors in your ginko leaves painting. I admire the layout of your blog too. It's a big example to me.

Anonymous said...

What fun I've had rummaging through your watercolors and oils and photos and interviews -- you have created a varied and fun blog! (Love those ever-faithful mannequins!)

Wonderful paintings...

Barb H

Jean Levert Hood said...

Cynthia, I just love the leaves!! I love seeing them on your wonderful pieces!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Melody, we love seeing the exotics! I'm glad you like my painting!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Michelle, thank you for visiting! I've recently re-worked the blog layout, thanks to my helper Photographer in Training. I do think it is better now.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Barb - thank you so much for stopping in and commenting! I hope you check back again! Blogging really is fun!

Elio said...

Wow...You have been busy!

Good colors going on here.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Elio, thank you for stopping by! I haven't forgotten about a workshop!

John said...

Excellent - amazing how the composition and perspective holds up regardless of orientation.

Jean Levert Hood said...

John, thank you! I love composition and design studies. they work!