Saturday, April 26, 2008

Wisteria Oil Painting, and Spring in the Texas Hill Country

Wisteria is an original oil painting. It is 10 inches tall by 8 inches wide. You can see a larger view and purchase details by clicking on this link.
It is available for purchase for $200.

I recently returned from Louisiana and Mississippi, and the wisteria was in full bloom. It was so pretty. I've painted several already, and will probably do more.


I've been interviewed on a great blog, It's Janyce's "What Shoes I Wear." She did a wonderful job with this piece, and I appreciate her so much. Stop by and read it, I bet you'll learn something about me that's new to you. Click here to see Janyce's interview. The interview is posted after a few of my paintings, and below my interview are my shoes of the "What Shoes I Wear." While you're there, check out her links to her Esty store, too.

Be sure to check out my Etsy Store too, new items have been added there.

There is soooo much beauty in the Texas Hill Country Spring time. Of course I say that every season, there is always something special about each of them. Like right now, the prickly pear cactus are blooming.


The blooms are every shade of yellow, from the palest neutral to bright sunshine yellow. In the middle pasture, there is a path where all of the blooms are orange! Then, there is the pale peach and almost pink. My dear friend Vanaly has one with red blooms! The variety of colors is endless.








The Retama is beautiful, with graceful foliage flowing in the breeze. White tail deer browse the foliage of this thorned tree. Bobwhite quail will enjoy the seeds after the blooms fade.



































The Guajillo is a member of the Acacia family, and it is in full bloom. It is good browse for our deer, and great for honey.







These fuzzy red berries are from the Littleleaf Sumac.





These are the agarito berries. (below) The blooms have given way to these berries, which some people use to make jelly.



















My mannequins are working so hard!


Until next time..

23 comments:

Sue B said...

Jean this painting is beautiful!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Sue, thank you so much!!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Jean,

The wisteria painting is fantastic!! Really great!!

All those other photos are so fun to see too.

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com

ZudaGay said...

So beautiful!!! And what a lovely place to live in the spring!!!

Jean said...

Thank you, Diane! I love nature here, the flora and fauna are continually inspiring here!

Jean said...

Zuda, it is a blessing to live with beauty around you! We watch the deer every morning with our coffee! I appreciate you stopping by.

liv said...

Wisteria is lovely. I enjoyed seeing all the photos of the nature around you.

Sixsisters said...

Jean I wait to see what you will tell us about next. Love your blog and your beautiful paintings and photos.
Thanks for bringing those lovely images to us.

Judith HeartSong said...

such a beautiful painting!

Melody said...

Lovely painting Jean...not only are you a talented artist but an extremely kind person. I am really enjoying your blog

Linda Blondheim said...

Beautiful Jean. Congrats on the blog interview.
This is the kind of post I love to read. Please tell us more about your life on the ranch and the beauty of the Texas Hill Country.

Love,
Linda
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

thewildhare said...

Love the new painting Jean - and congratulations on the interview!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Liv, thank you! I have fun taking all of the photos for my blog, too.

Jean Levert Hood said...

hey Joan!
That makes me feel soo good! It's fun to share all of this beauty and wonder.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Judith! I'm so glad you stopped by!! I do love your blog. It's on my bloglines so I get all of your updates!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Melody, I appreciate so that wonderful compliment. Thank you!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Linda - I'm so glad you like this post! I will keep showing your more of our beautiful area!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Hare! thanks for taking the time to comment. Sojourn did a wonderful job on the interview.

DreamON said...

Your wisteria painting is beautiful! Your photos of Texas in the Springtime remind me of the two Springs we lived there. The joy the abundant wildflowers bring is inexpressible.

John said...

The wisteria painting is perfect - you capture its grace in soft shade swayewd by gentle breeze.

I also like the soft purple in the cactus photograph and how it balances with yor painting.

Jean Levert Hood said...

DreamOn, thank you! Spring truly can be a wonder here. The dry winter has left us with fewer wildflowers, but the trees and shrubs have shown beautifully.

Jean Levert Hood said...

hey John!
That is a huge compliment John, thank you so much!! I painted a painted bunting today. AFter it's dried a while, I'll scan it and post to my blog. I also got a photo today of an orange cactus bloom!

Dar Presto said...

The wisteria is beautiful.
And it's nice to see what's blooming in your neck of the woods. Terrific blog.