Friday, April 18, 2008

Tiny Bits of Fine Art

I posted new miniatures in My Etsy Store. They are priced at $9.00. Each is 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches (in either orientation.) I call them my Tiny Bits of Fine Art, each an original painting. They make a nice gift, just perfect for tucking inside of a greeting card when you want "just a little something" added. They can be matted and framed, or displayed on small easels you can get easily at any craft department (for about $1.00.) At the end of the post, I'll show you some framed and on easels.

This is Galaxy 1, the first in my Galaxy series.
click here to be taken to my Esty store and Galaxy Number 1


This is Full. click here to be taken to my Esty store for Full.

These pieces below are beautifully framed. They were purchased from me and framed by the buyer. She was kind enough to send me these photos. I think they are framed to 8 inches by 10 inches.


Be sure to visit my website by click on this link. New paintings have been listed. And, I discovered that I had a bad link on my title page painting - ARGH! How does that happen? I don't know, I try to check every link, but, apparently, they do escape me at times.

My mannequins have been hard at work, finally! At the bottom right of this photo, you can see some of my Tiny Bits of Fine Art displayed on small easels.

Until next time!

15 comments:

marion said...

lovely work as always, Jean!

Anonymous said...

Tiny Bits of Fine Art looks wonderful.

Janis

cynthia said...

I love the mini art I purchased from your etsy shop - I haven't framed it yet, but intend to do so. :D

Linda Blondheim said...

These look great Jean. Well done.
Love,
Linda

susanlambert said...

Your tiny bits of art would be so pretty on a mantle or an entry table. Great work for collectors too. You do such nice work!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Marion, I appreciate your kind compliment! Thank you.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Janis, thank you.

Cynthia, I think your ginkgo leaf is on 300# paper. I fine those sturdy enough to prop on a book in the bookcase too!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Linda, always hugely appreciated coming from you!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Susan, what a nice thing to say! I have fun with my Tiny Bits of Art. it's where I get to play a bit with my work!

John said...

I like both examples you jhighlighted - the abstract has a most refined complimentary element in dark - a subconscious shaddow and yhour "angled heart" defies and then dances over a cliche...very nice.

Thank you for your visits and comments. John

Jean Levert Hood said...

I love your observations, John!! Thanks for stopping by. Oh, we had five male painted buntings playing together on the patio yesterday! Photos on blog soon...

ZudaGay said...

They are all absolutely lovely! The framed ones are wonderful, what a great idea!

1,000 Faces of MotherHenna said...

I'm loving your tiny bits of fine art! Wonderful... Glad you were inspired by the Dreamboard idea... did you see that the ginkgo leaves and feathers became part of my dreamboard? :) They soooo wanted to be out of their box and be out for everyone to see... :)
miracles,
k-

Jean Levert Hood said...

Zuda, thank you so much! I always appreciate it when you stop by!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Mother, I was thrilled to see you had the feathers and leaves on your board!! I'm happy you stopped by. I am loving the creativity play with my Tiny Bits of Fine Art. I have more ginkgo leaf paintings in the works. They have been great.

Best to you!