Monday, April 21, 2008

Tiny Bits of Fine Art, and Glenda Bailey

I want to show you one Tiny Bits of Fine Art piece, then tell you about Glenda.

This is Two Together. I'm removing the Etsy link for this piece, it has been sold!
in my Esty Store. It's available for $9.00.

My Etsy Store has new listings, as does my website.

Click here to see "Pomegranates," a new listing on my website.

There is an artist I want to introduce to you. Her name is Glenda Bailey, and I find her work amazing. The name of her website and blog is great, too, "TwoCoolTexans," how cool is that? So, here's a little about Glenda in her own words. I've included links to her sites, and you won't be disappointed for checking them out. Many of her works are created on gallery wrapped canvas, ready to hang without framing. Here are two of her recent creations:


"I do way too many things. But I love them all. How can I give up any? So, you
will see a lot of variety in my TwoCoolTexans Etsy shop. Oh yes, I am Glenda Bailey
from of course, Texas. I just cannot imagine being from anyplace else. We did get waylaid once for a time and went to Arkansas. Could not wait to get back home. I really
didn’t get into art while I was raising my children; I started after I became an empty
nester. Every morning when I get up, I just sail through everything in the "gotta do these
housework things" in order to get upstairs to my art room and get busy.

I would say that I am primarily a collage artist. And mixed media. But, I will try anything. Generally, my method of working is to ready a theme, (most of the time find a vintage photo to start)—then gather up everything in that genre (papers, found objects, paint and such). I just spread it all out around my work station and pull from it as I go. Works for me every time. I also teach classes in mixed media in the Dallas area. I don’t know which I enjoy more, making art or teaching. Every day is filled with creativity and wonder (and yes, occasionally housework)."

This will take you to Glenda's needle felted postcards, it is an incredible page full of her work.

click these links for:
Glenda's blog, her great website, and her Etsy store.

and, my mannequins are still hard at work!
Until next time...

11 comments:

Sixsisters said...

Great post Jean. Nice to learn about Glenda and her art. Love the little guys holding your work lol

Linda Blondheim said...

Your tiny bits are looking great.
Love,
Linda
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love those tiny bits of fine art.

Janis

John said...

Daffodilks and bluebells in mini paintings no?

I loved your refernce to the painted bunting - yoiu are so right abut the colors and it was not intentiaonal at all.

I used to see them in a county park south of Miami in the winter, but then there was Hurricane Andrew. I have seen few since.

Saw a male in NYC in Cemtral Park many springs ago.

I used to bird watch all the time pre-kids.

Been to Texas - Houston to the Rio Grande. Birding vacation. did not see a PB in Texas. Only one Dickscissel.

Lily Pang said...

The two hearts are beautiful. But the link is not working.

Glenda's work is really great.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Joan, thank you so much. My mannequins are fun, aren't they!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Linda and Janis, my Tiny Bits of Fine Art are so much fun! I have already sold the one on this blog, with an order for more!

Jean Levert Hood said...

John, you'll have time soon, those kiddos grow so fast! Thanks for stopping by!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Lily, Thank you!! The link was to my Esty store, and since it sold, my link isn't working. I'm so glad you visited my blog.

cynthia said...

Love, love, love Glenda's collages!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Cynthia, isn't it great! I don't think I've ever seen a piece of hers that I didn't like.