Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring and Sunflower Painting

Here is a sunflower painting for this first day of Spring! This original oil painting is on my website, you can click here: Gentle Glow on Sunflowers to see details of this painting. Gentle Glow is 16 x 12 inches, and is available for $495.00.I'm painting a few more abstracts these days, some small ones again. Click on this link: Galaxy No. 1 for a new posting in my Etsy Store. I have 5 in the Galaxy series (mixed media paintings) that I will be posting. This little mini measures 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches, and is available for $8.00.


The ranch is getting gorgeous! I had a wonderful walk this afternoon. It seems that everything is bursting through the browns of winter. Wildflowers are peaking up everywhere. We had a little rain earlier this week, and the fruits of that are already showing.

The Huisache trees are so pretty! They are a member of the acacia family. The flowers are a bright yellow little pom pom, and it has a nice fragrance.


The agarita bushes are still in bud. Some are full blooms, others are tight buds. The buds are a pretty pink color, and the flowers open up to a mustard yellow color.



My next blog will show you more of our beautiful Texas Spring, stay tuned!

These two artist (Kim and JB) have recently featured on me on their blogs and website. I want to thank them and give you a link to their art:

Kimbuktu:
Kim's web site
March spotlight

JB Guess:
http://jbguess.etsy.com/
http://jbguess.blogspot.com/

Until next time!

23 comments:

Sue B said...

Jean those sunflowers are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The sunflowers are beautiful. I like the flower photos.

Janis

Linda Blondheim said...

Jean, I love your flower paintings and I really love seeing and reading about Texas and your ranch.
Love,
Linda
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Sixsisters said...

Jean thanks for these lovely pictures of trees in your area. I had not heard of them before. Lovely. Your blogs are inspiring.

joonbeam said...

Jean, this is wonderful! I love your painting. My eldest loves sunflower everything. I will pass your link along for him to feast his eyes. he's the one in Austin. I am looking forward to seeing all these new plants and animals and the different terrain in Texas! But, not half as much as our meeting! Can't wait! Thanks for another inspiring blog post.

Helen said...

What beautiful paintings! I wish I could do that!!

ZudaGay said...

I LOVE your sunflowers!!! The whole painting is perfect!!! I would love to come and take a walk with you, you have lovely things to see!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Sue, thank you, I'm glad you like my sunflowers!

Janis, it's so pretty now.

Linda, I'm so glad you stopped by. It's a beautiful time of year, and I have more photos for the next blog already!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Joan, that is such a sweet thing to say! I'm honored that you would find my posts inspiring.

Hey joon! Thank you for passing alone my blog to your son! You'll love Texas, I'm sure!!

Helen, thank you, that's a nice compliment! Please stop by again.

Zuda, Thank you! I love taking a walk with my camera. I can shoot dozens of pics in no time. It's so fun to share the beauty here.

thewildhare said...

Jean, what great pictures of the ranch, and what beautiful paintings! You have so much to inspire you - isn't it a fantastic gift! Thanks for sharing with us all.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hare,
it's so good of you to stop by! Yes, I am grateful every day for where I live and the beauty and wonder around me. It keeps me inspired to be creative.

cynthia said...

Gentle Glow is fantastic, Jean!

I'm so happy it's finally spring - your landscape is so much different than where I live. I have some crocus blooming right now, but they're not native to Colorado.

Congrats on the blog mentions too.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Cynthia, I'm glad you like the Painting!
We can buy crocus at the Florist if we'd like, but it was 84 degrees yesterday, and 80 today, so they would be positively gasping in my yard!

HMBT said...

These flowers are so wonderful. I hope this work finds it's new home soon, it should it's amazing.
I am so happy spring is springing...It's put the spring back into my step on my walks. (Sorry for all the puns, it was just too easy)
Have a great one!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Heather, I'm so glad you stopped it! I appreciate your good wished for my sunflowers, and wholeheartedly agree with you!
May your spring keep you springing from one creation to the next!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Jean,

I LOVE this painting!! Really quite beautiful!!

Your signs of spring are hopeful!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com

Ann Christine Dennison said...

What a wonderful painting of sunflowers! I love the colouring and the lightness of your painting technique!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Diane, I'm so glad you visited!! I am so ready for Spring this year!

Ann, thank you for commenting on my blog. Sunflowers are one of those that automatically say "Spring!" I love your "Spring Madala."

Melody said...

Those sunflowers are amazing Jean....makes me wish summer was already here.....sigh. I live in Canada and we still have two feet of snow on the ground. I'll continue to look at your artwork and dream.

The Epiphany Artist said...

agarita bushes - Lord what gorgeous flowers you have there!
That sunflower painting has the words spring and fresh written all over it!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Melody, I'm so glad you enjoyed the painting. I simply cannot imagine your winters! I love seeing your blog photos, is amazing to me.

Hey Terri! Yes, it is so pretty this time of year.

Elio said...

The colors in the sunflowers are nice.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Elio, thank you for visiting and commenting. I'm glad you like the colors in my sunflower painting. I do try to use as much bright color as I can in my paintings.