Monday, March 10, 2008

Fence Post and Bluebonnets Oil Painting, Bird's Nests


This is an original oil painting of a fence post and bluebonnets. This painting is 9 x 12 inches, and features our prickly pear cactus and the Texas State Flower - Bluebonnets. Fence posts are a common site on our landscapes, but even those are disappearing with game proof fencing becoming so common on local ranches in the Hill Country area. You can see info and details about this painting by clicking on this link to my web page.

Along with our beautiful emerging spring, there is a beauty that is disappearing. With all of the foliage gone from the trees in winter, you see bird's nest appear everywhere. It is one of the joys of winter, as you see many of them in the trees that you never knew were there the rest of the year! The assortment of sizes, materials, orientation, and such is amazing.


This next nest is beautiful. The entire outer nest is made of fresh dried grasses, many complete with tiny seed heads still intact. The inside is very soft, I would have loved to have touched it, but thought better of that!

It is very artfully crafted, with a wonderful flow to the grasses. This one is about 4 feet off of the ground.


So, as the bird's nests leave us until next winter, they are being replaced with blooms everywhere! Many of the trees are in bloom, and I'll show you more of those next blog.

And, about those chickens - we have eggs! Do we have eggs! Remember our little chicks?

They are now fully grown and giving us all of the eggs we want with some to share.

Please visit My Etsy Store by clicking on this link

And, click this link to visit my web site.

Thank you so much for visiting! So, until next time!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great new painting. I love the bird nests.

Janis

Linda Blondheim said...

Beautiful painting Jean. Aren't those birds amazing architects?
Love,
Linda

www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Chris O'Byrne said...

Are the bluebonnets blooming already?

Genie said...

Mmmm, fresh eggs. I'm this close to buying some quail so I can start "farming" quail eggs. They are SO good pickled. Probably not worth the fuss, but mmm, so tasty.

This painting is fabulous--and it's full of Easter colors! Must be something in the spring air translating itself right through your paintbrush.

Lily Pang said...

So lovely the painting and the chicken and the bird nests. I wish I can have chicken for fresh eggs too.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Jean,

Lovely painting! Just beautiful!

What a great narrative about the birds nests .. wonderful photos too.

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com

Jean Levert Hood said...

Janis, thank you, I knew you'd love the nests!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Linda, it is amazing!I'm so glad you like the painting. Thank you,Linda!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Chris, not yet! They bloom between March and May depending on the weather. There are none around my area. I am keeping my eyes peeled.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Genie I've never had quail eggs! The colors in this painting's background are a little unusual for me, but yes, it is nice for spring!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Lily, I'm so glad you stopped by! The fresh eggs are really nice. They have so much more taste than store bought ones. We do get spoiled!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Diane, thank you for such kind words!

cynthia said...

Beautiful painting, Jean - and love the little chick. I know it's now full grown... but so cute.

Sixsisters said...

Wonderful painting Jean ! I love the photos of the birds nests. I wish I could see them.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Cynthia I'm so glad you like the painting! Yes, those baby chicks are just too cute! They are very happily laying, well over a dozen a day most days.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Joan, thank you for stopping by! Living out here is truly beautiful, I love writing about it and sharing the photos.