Thursday, February 28, 2008

Workshop - hard work, great fun!

This past week I taught 13 fantastic artists an oil painting workshop at Fort Clark Springs Art Studio. I teach the method of painting that I've learned in my workshops with Guido Frick. In addition to his method (he was a student of Sergie Bongart,) I teach composition and design principals, and color theory. I'll be taking my 4th workshop from Frick this year in Fredericksburg in October.

Our workshop was great, and I want to share this group with you.

Standing: (L-R) Twila, Sarah, Connie, Joan, Rose, Gloria, Louise, Sue, Diane, and Jane
Sitting: Ginger, Stephanie, Lois, and me. Bea and Delores are missing from the photograph, they took my workshop but were out when my friend Genie came to photograph for us on Friday. Thank you, Genie! You were great to come by!

This piece below is Connie Armbruster's workshop piece. She's a great painter. Connie paints under the name of "Kohni."

Twila Harville painted this piece below on Friday. She has a wonderful way with color. Both Connie and Twila sell their work at the Fort Clark Arts Studio.
This is demo time:












Rose is happy!











Meanwhile...back at the ranch...the mountain laurel are just beginning to show purple bits. I've seen some around the area with a number of flowers, but here on the ranch they are a little slow. Probably by next blog, it'll be time for a great new photo. And, remember the baby chicks? Teenaged chickens? Stay tuned for an update!

Until next time!

19 comments:

Sixsisters said...

Jean that looks like it was so much fun. Everyone looks so happy . Thanks for the photos. I love your work.

Jessie said...

Jean, what fun that must have been! Wish I lived close enough to participate in one of your workshops. You have such talent!

Jessie

Sue B said...

well it looks like everybody had a grand time!

lauren bacchus said...

lovely post. it looks like everyone had a great time.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Jean,

It looks like great fun with a wonderful bunch of people!!

Nice to see others' work too!!

http://girl-gone-thread-wild.blogspot.com/

Genie said...

Woot! What fun!!!! I love seeing the finished work, KNEW I should have come back Saturday!

I haven't noticed any blossoming mountain laurel yet but now I'm going to go look!

Anonymous said...

Nice work. The work shop sounds like loads of fun.

Janis

Linda Blondheim said...

Jean,
I'm green with envy of your students. I wish I had time to study with you. brava to all of you for great work.
Love,
Linda
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Jean Levert Hood said...

Joan, thank you for stopping by. It was a great time, and yes, they were such happy campers!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Jessie and Sue, I really enjoy teaching, and it is all the more gratifying with serious participants - and these ladies were!
What a nice compliment, Jessie!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Lauren and Diane, thank you for commenting. Connie and Twila's work is so good. I've known them both for years, and it was an honor for me that they let me post their work online. It deserves to be seen!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Genie, some Mountain Laurel are blooming in Uvalde, and some here in town. Those at Slator Hall are pretty far along.
I appreciated "Photographer in Training" soooo much!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Janis, thanks for stopping by!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Linda, oh, you humble me, it is I who could learn so much from you!!

Any artist out there, be sure to check out the blog address Linda left with her post. Her blogs are a study each time you read them!

Melody said...

Looks like everyone had a fabulous time Jean....no doubt because they had a wonderful, talented teacher. Thanks for sharing the photos

Cynthia said...

Looks like a great time - and I loved looking at the group photo and your selection of paintings!

thewildhare said...

What wonderful work by your students, and what great fun! The pictures tell the story - an oh, I am with the others who posted and said how much they would love to learn from you!

My son is teaching some young children art techniques, and is learning as much as he is teaching, I think. People who can share what they know in a way others can learn from it - are priceless. :)

1,000 Faces of MotherHenna said...

Looks like the workshop was fun! Wish I were closer and could participate...Wouldn't it be fun to have some art conference week where all our favorites could come and teach and play and meet in person??? Dreaming dreaming...
miracles,
k-

Jean Levert Hood said...

I am sooo embarrassed. I had a post yesterday from Mother Henna, and just got on to reply to her. Then I see that I missed not one, but two post on March the 5th! Where was my brain??

Cynthia and Hare, I am sorry! Thank you both for visiting, I always appreciate it.

Hare, I've taught children a lot, it is great fun, and I'm sure your son is having as great a time as they are! I do love to teach.

Mother, thank you for dropping by. Wouldn't that be awesome, if all of us that know each other from the internet would could have an artists sharing session! Yes, dreams!