Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Miniature paintings, Bunny Moon Series

I've painted in oil for years with very few breaks into other mediums. All month, I've had a desire to play with watercolor. Yes, that's right, play! So, I've been painting miniatures, and having a blast. I've painted a number of small paintings in watercolor and mixed watermedia. It is nice to take a break from my serious side as an artist and just have fun! This fun may continue for a while, as I share my version of the cottontail rabbits on our Texas ranch in the Texas Hill Country.

I this painting posted on My Etsy Store for $8.00.

This Tiny Bit of Fine Art is sized to ACEO, 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. This is the start of my Bunny Moon Series. Below is Bunny Moon Number 2 (number 1 seems to have scampered away): This bunny is created in various shades of green, blue, purple, violet and rust.




This and more are in my shop, a great place to find an original painting priced from $8.00.

My website feature What's Going On In My Studio This Month has been updated, you'll see a great photo of my kittie turned Huntress of the Wilds.
I've also added new paintings to the Available Works page of my website. Please visit soon!

Until next time!

20 comments:

~*~Pearl~*~ said...

Jean, I love the bunnys!
Pearl

ZudaGay said...

I love your playing!!! Your bunnies are great!!

Anonymous said...

I love the bunnies.

What has Stella been up to now?

Janis

Genie said...

Several months ago I bought this big, fat, lovely, pearlescent, porcelain bunny put out by Pier 1. I've been counting the weeks until spring just so I could use the bunny to build a spring altar of sorts to herald all the new growth. Go bunny girl, go!

I like the addition of the moon!!!!!!!!!!! Very cool. Very spring. Very goddess.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Pearl, Zuda, and Janis, thank you! The bunnies have been fun. Janis, This is about Clothilde, not Stella this time!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Genie, that's an interesting take on my addition of the moon! Your bun sounds very cool. I have one large cement bun inside next to one of my pot plants. I have I think 3 clay and cement ones outside in my herb garden. I do like those bunnies!
Thanks, Genie!

Bound Staff Press said...

Great bunnies!
Watercolor ATCs are so much fun.

Clare said...

One of those bunnies WILL be in my house. Just in time for spring!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Boundstaff and Clare, thank you for visiting!! Clare, you surely can have one of those bunnies!

William F. Renzulli said...

I'm partial to Bunny # 2. Those delicate washes are wonderful.

Genie said...

Where's the bunny in the mint miniature?

Jean Levert Hood said...

Hey Bill Glad you stopped by! I'm having so much fun with watercolor!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Genie, Moon Bunny #2 sold, That's why you don't see it on Etsy.
I have more in the works that I'll be listing this next week, though! Thanks for stopping by, Genie!

Genie said...

Actually.... I was thinking about that time the bunny momma ate all your mint. I think you should paint a bunny in the mint. Put enough browns in the painting and you can title it "Chocolate Mint Bunny."

Cynthia said...

These are great, Jean - I think we all have to play once in awhile!

I especially love the 2nd one.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Genie, ohhh, those bunnies! We have a slim crew right now. We can hear the coyotes howling at dusk!! I hate that.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Cynthia, thanks for stopping by! Yes, but I'm still playing!!

Genie said...

Wes has a couple of bloodthirsty nephews who would happily come out and do some varmint hunting on your place! Wes discovered that RACOONS are eating his baby goats, can you imagine? They're just coming right into the pens and helping themselves to a little goat baby buffet. I think Wes will be calling Henry Lutz soon for some predator control.... again. He's had to help us before.

liv said...

Those bunnies are so adorable!

Liv

Jean Levert Hood said...

Liv, thank you! Visit again soon!

Genie,It is sickening what those predators do with the baby animals! The "circle of life" is not pretty at all!