Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas!

This is a short post to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. My blog is such a fun part of my art, and I so appreciate your support, comments and emails. I am grateful for all of my readers, my collectors, my friends. Thank you all, and I'll be blogging again after the New Year.

I updated my What's Going On In My Studio This Month page, and you'll see a painting of a Louisiana Swamp that I just completed. It will show you a few progressions of the painting in progress. The painting is 24 inches tall by 36 inches wide, which is really large for me. It was a wonderful challenge!

Thank you again,
Jean

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas

Janis

Genie said...

Wow, the colors in the swamp painting are SO soothing! The pastels in the water and in the background contrast the green green foliage on the blanks in a striking way! The contrast and the shadows give this impression some sharpness that I'm not used to seeing in your work. I love the effect!

Genie said...

And Happy Yuletide! It's a loooong night but the moon is bright!

Cynthia said...

Merry Christmas and Happy 2008 to you too, Jean! I'm glad to have met you this year. :D

The Epiphany Artist said...

Merry Christmas and Many Blessings to you this coming new year! Fabulous painting and those cows in the post below are too cool!

William F. Renzulli said...

Thank you for your interest in my blog. I have been giving myself a treat looking at your delightful paintings and have added your blog to my list of blogs to check daily.

Have a safe, healthy, and happy new year!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Jean,

Here's to a great New Year!!

Your work is lovely! And I love those photos of the oreos!

Thank you for stopping by.

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

YappsCottageDecor said...

Love your work Jean! Especially the shasta daisies.

Lora (aka Yapps Cottage Decor at Etsy)

Linda Blondheim said...

I'm looking forward to a new year of posts from the Texas Hill Country Jean. You are the best!!
Love,
Linda
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Melody said...

Jean, what a lovely piece. I love the colours you have used.....so strikingly beautiful. All the best to you in 2008

Jean Levert Hood said...

Janis, Genie, Cynthia, Teri, William, Diane, Lora, Linda, and Melody -
Thank you all for visiting! I truly appreciate the time you take to stop by, and to comment. Now that my computer is fixed, I will be back on a more regular schedule of posting.
The best to you all for 2008,
Jean