Thursday, November 22, 2007

Blue Jeans and Teenaged Chickens!

Please excuse my absence! I was in Fredericksburg, Texas, for a week long painting workshop that I take once a year. It was fabulous, as always. I have studied under Guido Frick for the last 3 years when he teaches in Fredericksburg. He paints outside exclusively, so we have the beautiful Texas Hill Country scenery to paint. We painted still life setups outside and painted along the Pedernales River 2 days. Along the Pedernales is my favorite. It is a beautiful waterway, flowing all through the Hill Country. The weather was warmer than most November workshops I've taken.



The next week I taught a workshop in Uvalde, Texas for their art league. It was a good workshop, and I had a great time teaching. This is the second workshop I've given this fall. That will be all until next spring. I truly enjoy teaching. The painting below is a quick demo that I did for the workshop I gave in October for the Fort Clark Art Studio.




I've been doing a few little paintings of a series I'm thinking of calling "Heavy Starch." Isn't that fun? Yes, paintings of blue jeans! These are 8x6 oils, and I'm planning on doing several more. After they are sufficiently dry, they will be listed on my Etsy website.




The baby chicks are growing up. I have officially deemed them "Teenage Chickens." Look how big they are getting! The rusty red colored ones are the teenagers. The light tan ones are our older chickens.



I've updated my website, both What's Going On In My Studio This Month, and my Available Works page my since my last posting, as well as my My Etsy Store.
Be sure to check out both, and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

Until next time!

4 comments:

Melody said...

Love the blue jeans ....what a cool idea. So glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving

Tommy Thompson said...

Jean, Your bluejean paintings are so unique. What an unusual idea! The chickens remind us of our childhood in Mississippi. One of Marie's favorite photographs of Tommy is one his mother captured of him feeding some baby chicks! Precious memories. All the Best,
Tommy and Marie Thompson
www.tommythompsonart.com

Jean Levert Hood said...

Melody, thank you for stopping by! The blue jeans were really fun, I need to get more going.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Tommy and Marie, it's so good to hear from you! I grew up with chickens in the back yard too. Yes, those memories add so much to our lives!
Take Care,
Jean