Saturday, July 7, 2007

July 7, 2007.....green everywhere!




I have painted this beautiful area many times. It is the San Julien Creek, in the Bandera area of the Texas Hill Country. It runs through the back yard of my dear, dear friend, Vanaly. We've painted together in the creek bed for several past springs. At times it is dry, but all of the recent rains have made it a creek again!

Behind Vanaly's house, there is a little area where there are small "falls" and I love painting that spot. I painted the creek this week from photos. It is 9 x 12 size, and it is already sold.

Here is a close up of the "falls" area:



Green, green, green everywhere these days, from so much rain. Green is a difficult color for most artists I know, and it certainly is for me. You must tame it down from the tube, yet create enough varieties of green to make an interesting painting. This painting was no different, as each painting is a challenge, and creates problems to solve all it's own.

2 comments: